2013 Infiniti EX37 Journey - Bluetooth or Android music streaming

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
JS37

Hello all,

Just purchased a 2013 Infiniti EX37 and picked it up last night. It has the Journey trim. I assumed when I was purchasing it the "Bluetooth connectivity" meant media streaming as well as phone calls. Sad to find out last night that's not the case.

Something that would definitely work with me is the RCA to AUX cord that so many people do. However, I have no RCA and no AUX ports at all. All that's in the centre console is a cigarette lighters and USB port. I'm an Android guy so no iPhone for me. The RCA ports are blanked out.

Do I really need to purchase a used iPod for under $100? Everything I've read has guys purchasing some $140 unit to stream Bluetooth - that's ridiculous! I have a fantastic quality one I got off Amazon that I used with my old car and plugs into an AUX port for about $20.

Thanks. Any help is appreciated. It's like Infiniti purposely did this to make people purchase the NAV...

Pocolo
Car: 2016 Infiniti QX50

Hi JS37!

I have had my QX50 for over a year. I also had a similar issue as you with my Android phpne. I was very sad that I was not able to play music through BT (Only calls). Our models dont come with AUX. So ever since I have bought the car, I have been searching for a way to play music through BT.

I havent tried the 140$ setup that the guys are doing on this forum. However, I have tried buying couple different USB bluetooth dongle which I have not been too successful with. Recently, I came across this usb bluetooth dongle on amazon (its called NAXA Nab-4003 Bluetooth Audio Adapter for Usb Connectors) that people had a bit of success with. But it is not fully reliable as I have read that many people had a lot of music skipping while using this. The bright side is that they are not too expensive ($20). I am going to give it a try to see how it is and will let you know

JS37

Well that's some good news.

Please post back and let me know how it goes.

Edit: I actually have an ASUS Bluetooth 4.0 dongle sitting around.. I just moved so I have to find it. Might be worth a shot too.

Pocolo

Okay so I finally received my Naxa Audio Adapter with Bluetooth for USB and I was able to test it for a few days. Here are my opinions about this product.

The positives:
-Price! you can get anything in this price range that actually WORKS.
-The audio quality is pretty good. You can play youtube videos, Google play, spotify and ect. You can also answer calls with it.

The negatives:
-Sometimes, the audio skips a little bit but its not all the time. I have noticed that the music files that are smaller in size does not have this problem.
-There seems to be a 3-5 second delay when changing tracks, or playing video on youtube or answering calls.
-In my case, it also does not show the artist name on the screen. I have an android.

In conclusion, Although it has about 3-5 seconds lag, it's not a bother to me because I only use my phone for music anyway. But a bit annoying if you're using the gps app simultaneously with voice directions due to the lag. Over all, I'm satisfied with the purchase of this adapter. :dblthumb:

Here is the link
https://www.amazon.ca/NAXA-Electronics- ... B00J4YU7II
FYI for my American friends, you guys can actually buy this product from Walmart or Staples.

Teknical
Car: 2014 QX50 AWD

My iPhone works well to stream BT audio and phonecalls, and works when plugged into the USB.

My friends' Android phones ALSO work to play music when plugged in to the USB, but they have to have music in the audio app. It reads the phone just like a USB disk with mp3s on it which you can also plug into the USB port. It cannot play audio from streaming apps on Android like it can from an iPhone (YouTube, Pandora, etc).

So you can just put the mp3 files on your phone or use any old USB thumb drive. You don't need to buy an iPod.

JS37

Nice, thanks for the update. I actually ordered it a few weeks back and have been waiting for it to arrive! Tried two different ones in February I purchased locally but they didn't work.

Do the buttons work on the steering wheel to change the songs?

Pocolo

JS37 wrote:Nice, thanks for the update. I actually ordered it a few weeks back and have been waiting for it to arrive! Tried two different ones in February I purchased locally but they didn't work.

No problem. Hopefully you can be satisfied with it too.

Yes you can change the songs from the steering wheel's buttons but like I mentioned, there is 5 seconds delay and the song names does not show on the screen.

JS37

Pocolo wrote:
JS37 wrote:Nice, thanks for the update. I actually ordered it a few weeks back and have been waiting for it to arrive! Tried two different ones in February I purchased locally but they didn't work.

No problem. Hopefully you can be satisfied with it too.

Yes you can change the songs from the steering wheel's buttons but like I mentioned, there is 5 seconds delay and the song names does not show on the screen.
It's not bad. The delay is quite bad and the songs skip often. It's nice to be able to listen to my own music.
I think every time a song skips it makes me regret buying this vehicle.

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”