2013 g37x remote no longer controls lock and unlock

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
daviddicicco
Car: 2013 g37x

Good Afternoon all first time on this forum and could really use all the help here!!!

I have a 2013 G37X the remote no longer controls lock and unlock, wont sound the horn or pop the trunk, the remote has a new battery, the battery in the car is new, I push the start button nothing happens, I can turn the headlights on and off and thats it, no start, no accesory, totally dead. what component does the remote talk to, meaning what does the remote communicate with, I have a 122 page PDF with great information in it all electrical, but i dont see anything that states (smart key reciever) or keyless entry system?
Last edited by Rogue One on Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Revise Title

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

daviddicicco wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:49 am
Good Afternoon all first time on this forum and could really use all the help here!!!

I have a 2013 G37X the remote no longer controls lock and unlock, wont sound the horn or pop the trunk, the remote has a new battery, the battery in the car is new, I push the start button nothing happens, I can turn the headlights on and off and thats it, no start, no accesory, totally dead. what component does the remote talk to, meaning what does the remote communicate with, I have a 122 page PDF with great information in it all electrical, but i dont see anything that states (smart key reciever) or keyless entry system?
When did this problem begin?
Were you involved in any floods?

BCM?

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/G37/Sedan/2013/SEC.pdf

Telcoman

daviddicicco

Smart man yes after digging deeper and I apologize for not really noticing that sooner, and looking at some seat bolts etc, the car took on water and was flooded the previous owner told me, he has no electro/mechanical skills at all, owed me $2500 so just gave me the car its a 2013 but it was never sold it was on a new car lot during hurricane Sandy then got the damage it still has the plastic on seats and head rests and all the new car stickers on it from the factory..I want to fix this car, my personality will not let me rest until so, I am an electrical engineer who started in 12volt during the early 90s i am very, very comfortable with a DVM (Fluke Only) and my Oscilloscope, can i use some type of interface like a Scanner to interface with the ECU and systems to help me narrow it down, the papers he gave me said (New PDMI & New BCM & new Fuse Box) I feel like the keyless entry system (smart key) has to tell the BCM to communicate with the rest of the systems, I have to find out why the doors do not lock and unlock, no trunk pop, no functions on the remote at all)

I really appreciate your help Telcoman really do!!!

daviddicicco

Central NJ i am in south jersey, do you have this Consult 3 by chance? I would pay you to come down with it, I feel like I need some kind of Diag tool this car is very, very and i do mean very computer controlled

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

Sorry to hear that
So you have a Salvage title?
Personally I don't feel it is worth the time, money, and safety issues to attempt to repair a flood vehicle.
It may very well need a wiring harness and other expensive electrical components and sensors?
If you are prepared to spend thousands of dollars maybe you'll get lucky?
Talk to a couple of Infiniti Service Managers and get their opinions as they have most likely have experience with flood vehicles.
I'm on my third Infiniti all purchased from Circle Infiniti in West Long Branch, NJ
I highly recommend this dealership.

Telcoman

daviddicicco

I agree totally honestly my plan B because the car is perfect inside and out. install an LS engine in it and sell the car after having a little fun, my time is worth money and these cars can be expensive.

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”