2013 G37 Coupe No dashboard lights??!!

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
paliknight
Car: 2013 Infiniti G37 Coupe Sport

Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a G37 coupe (2013) and i noticed that the dashboard does not light up. neither does the steering wheel. when driving at night, i couldnt operate anything because i couldnt see the buttons. im used to the dashboard lighting up when the headlights are turned on, however, this dashboard did not light up and neither did the steering wheel. is this normal?

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

paliknight wrote:Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a G37 coupe (2013) and i noticed that the dashboard does not light up. neither does the steering wheel. when driving at night, i couldnt operate anything because i couldnt see the buttons. im used to the dashboard lighting up when the headlights are turned on, however, this dashboard did not light up and neither did the steering wheel. is this normal?
Welcome to NICO

Check your owners manual. There is a dashboard brightness adjustment

Telcoman

paliknight

telcoman wrote:
paliknight wrote:Hello everyone,

Welcome to NICO

Check your owners manual. There is a dashboard brightness adjustment

Telcoman
i checked the owners manual and the only brightness adjustment was for the navigation screen itself. normally on every other car, the dashboard and steering wheel light up when you turn on the headlights.

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

In my 2012 G37S owners manual it is described on page 2-38

Telcoman

joe603
Car: 2014 Durango R/T

On the right side of the gauge pod there is a illumination adjustment....

paliknight

im taking about the steering wheeel buttons and the HVAC system buttons and the navigation buttons. none of them light up. the illumination controls you are talking about only control the dashboard brightness and the navigation SCREEN brightness.

Missouri Swede
Car: 2022 QX60 Sensory AWD. Deep Bordeaux.

[Gone:
2012 G37x. Graphite Shadow. Navigation and Premium Package. Retired in 2021.
2013 JX35. Midnight Garnet. Premium Package. Replaced with QX60 in 2022.]

Did you ask the dealer?

My salesman was able to answer a couple questions I had a few days after purchase (nice guy, didn't make me feel stupid). A few months later something else turned up with some of the electronics (sorry, not the lights--one of the windows); I called the service manager, and he gave me instructions that re-set that part of the system in less than 30 seconds. :dblthumb:

You've got a great car, but not all fixes are intuitive (especially if it involves putting on red ruby slippers, tapping heels, etc., to reset something that got undone. Or replacing a fuse. Or whatever.) So give them a call.

paliknight

^^^i called the dealership and they said i had to bring it in. today i had to get it inspected (military) and we discovered that the rear license plate lights dont work either.

SteveTheTech
Car: 15 Sentra SR
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-
05 Mazda 6 L3 Sport, 95 J30, 94 D22

Hey there...

I hate to hear this, but something is very wrong. I'll give you a few quick things you can quickly check in order or most likely.

The first thing to check is the extended storage fuse.
Does your analog clock work?

It seems to be possible to have the fuse partially installed so some of the items it controls work but not others or they only work partially.

The next thing to try is with the key off put the directional stalk and wiper stalk in the highest speed setting and turn the key on for two seconds. Turn the key off and reset the arms.

The only other thing I can think of is the illumination fuse in the IPDM may be open but that would be really weird and not be something you should have to get into yourself.

Good Luck.

Gmike
Car: 2011 g25

Hi, I had the same problem! Did you get it fixed?? Please let me know because I can't seem to find a solution online.
Thanks!!

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”