2013 FX37 w/ NAV - NO Aux Audio Input Jack??

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
crazyj4488

The first thing I noticed in the armrest after leasing my 2013 FX37 was no AUX AUDIO INPUT jack in the arm rest. I, basically, sealed the lease deal over the phone and got the exact model with options I wanted but didn't see the new 13' re-design in person before pickup. I was turning in a 2010 EX35 which had a standard Right/Left Aux jack in the arm rest that I'd use a Y-cable with to connect my iPod / iPhone to.

Well, I do a simple google search for "2013 FX37" and every listing notes AUX Audio Input Jack along with the USB Jack on the 2013 FX37. I only have the USB connection in the arm rest and bluetooth connection capability for my iPhone / iPod. The new bluetooth version makes a world of difference as the old one in the 2010 EX35 was unusable so I use that and am not disappointed. But, am I going crazy? Should there be a standard Aux input jack in the armrest. I can see what plainly looks like the cutout for the jack but it's just kinda covered over with the material inside the armrest. I can take a pic when I get a second to show what I'm talking about. Any other 2013 FX37 w/ NAV owners out there that can chime in and tell me exactly what jacks they have inside their armrest compartment.

Thanks in advanced...

J

2012 FX37
Car: 2013 FX - white , 20 inch wheels.

I have a 2013 FX 37 with Nav and I have a USB in the console along with a DC charger port. I hook my IPOD to the USB to play music through the radio and charge by IPHone with the DC charger. The USB is to the right of the DC charger port.

With this set up I can play music from my IPhone or through the Ipod if hooked up.

crazyj4488

Thanks for the reply. Hrmm....That's what I have as well. I was just looking for a standard AUX audio jack along with a USB jack like the older models had along with the USB. I keep seeing online posts with specs on the 13' FX37 stating Usb AND AUX so that's why I was wondering. I wonder why they got rid of the AUX jack so you can hook up your device using the headphone port? I prefer to operate my iPhone or iPod using the handset itself versus the Infiniti on-board controls. They only way to accomplish this without the AUX jack is to use bluetooth audio connection to the Infiniti which is what I've been doing. The new bluetooth version in the 2013 actually sounds perfect where it didn't work worth a damn on my 2010 EX35.

Edlyon
Car: FX37, Umbria Twilight

I'm a new FX37 owner and was stunned to not find the audio input jack. I use my IPad to play music and audio books. So, I Hooked it into the USB input and didn't seem to be able to play through the IPAD. Then i attempted the Bluetooth setup. Got stuck on the pass key. Any suggestions?

Love my FX

crazyj4488

The car's screen will tell you what pass key to enter into the iPad. I think it's 1234 or 12345...almost positive. Either that or all zeros. Simply enter that key and it will connect. The bluetooth works great and is a saving grace to NOT having a damn Aux audio port. I still don't understand why they removed the AUX audio port from the model. The Usb connection is a pain in the a** to work because you have to use the Infiniti on-board controls to control everything on the iOS device. I don't like the interface and prefer to control what I'm playing from the IOS device myself. I feel your pain and was extremely pissed off that I was left without an AUX audio port after buying my 07 FX37...love the car and it's tech package but it's just stupid that they removed the standard AUX audio jack. Again, bluetooth does work perfect for me, though.

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”