2013 FX37 brake pads lifecycle

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
KGBhoy
Car: 2013 Infiniti FX37

Hey guys,

I have a 2013 FX37 AWD, Limited Edition. I replaced rear and front brakes during the past year. I probably have around 13000 on the rear ones, and less than 8000 on the front ones. And I have been told that I only have 5mm left on the rear ones. I don't think I am an aggressive driver, but doesn't it seem abnormal to have that much wear on the new pads?

Would be interested in hearing your experiences.
Thanks!

ArmedAviator
Car: 2012 M37x

Yes definitely abnormal, however there can be many causes for this.

When you replaced your brakes last year, was it just the pads changed, rotors turned and pads changed, or rotors and pads changed?

Best thing to do would be to inspect the brake pad wear yourself. Jack up and secure the vehicle on jack stands, remove the rear wheels and visually inspect the pads through the caliper. Sometimes mechanics are just incorrect.

KGBhoy
Car: 2013 Infiniti FX37

So I only had the pads changed. Had a mechanic look at them - the wear is fine, it's not 5mm as the dealership claimed. However, they had to correct the front pads which were installed incorrectly - clips were put on incorrectly. This was causing the brakes to be very noisy. I am not very techy when it comes to cars, but the explanation mostly made sense, and the brakes are fine now.

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”