2013 Altima 2.5L sluggish at start of ride

General discussion area for the L33-chassis Altima.
charlietango
Car: 2013 Altima 2.4L

Recently purchased a 2013 Altima 2.5L with low mileage (under 40K). After the first startup of the day the ride is sluggish and a bit rougher than it should be. Gets better after a few miles but the engine appears to labor a bit. I realize this does not sound like a unique issue but was wondering if this issue or similar has been cited before on this forum. thanks

seldomseen
Car: '12 Altima Coupe 3.5 SR & '15 Lexus GS350 F Sport

What's the temperature outside? The CVT will in many instances run "rough" when the temperature dips below 40 degrees. But will start to perform normally when the CVT reaches its normal operating temperature.

When I had a '13 2.5 CVT as a loaner, I noticed that the engine appeared to labor a bit and seemed rough within the first 30 minutes of driving it --- then eventually self-resolved. However, the 2.5 CVT will always seem loud due to the nature of the CVT being mated to the 2.5 engine. I was very surprised as to how unrefined the 2.5 CVT performed in comparison to how the 3.5 CVT performs. :facepalm:

charlietango
Car: 2013 Altima 2.4L

Purchased it in early Sep so was quite warm but the days are much cooler now in the DC area. I will read up on the CVT. thanks

Aurora36
Car: 2013 Altima Coupe

My 2013 Altima coupe just started doing this yesterday, we go to the mechanic tomorrow. I just got over 50k miles, and she's never had a problem before. The Nissan dealership said either fuel, brake calipers, or transmission. I have an extended warranty so I'm not too concerned, but did you ever figure out the "sluggishness"?

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Aurora36 wrote:My 2013 Altima coupe just started doing this yesterday, we go to the mechanic tomorrow. I just got over 50k miles, and she's never had a problem before. The Nissan dealership said either fuel, brake calipers, or transmission. I have an extended warranty so I'm not too concerned, but did you ever figure out the "sluggishness"?
As you've already posted in an ongoing thread, I've deleted the duplicate thread you created. Please let us know what the dealership says. by posting it here.

Return to “5th Generation Altima Sedan (2013-2018)”