2012 Versa Hatch Special Edition Problem

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
Amunhotep
Car: 2012 Versa Hatchback Special Edition

My dear wife had a slight fender bender damaging the front bumper cover and other items on her 2012 Versa Hatch Special Edition. Took it in to a well known repair shop, dealt with a good friend who is a whiz at cars. Using the VIN he ordered new bumper cover, only to find that 2 different covers sent and painted did not fit the car. He and others in the shop, as well as Nissan were stumped and days passed as the problem was discussed. I contacted him several times on the status of the repair. Eventually I began to look at pictures of our car and other 2012 Hatch models and realized that the front and rear bumper covers for the Special Edition are different than standard models. The Special Edition has the same bumper covers as the 2011 models. Relayed the info to the shop, who verified with Nissan and then Nissan states they have NO replacement bumper covers for the 2012 Special Edition. That model was produced for a limited time. So, non-OEM bumper found and waiting for the repair to be completed. Warning to other 2012 Special Edition owners!

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

Welcome to NICO! Thanks for the heads up. Let us know how you make out (and post some pictures if possible) :)

Return to “Versa General Chat”