2012 Rogue Driver Side Axle Replacement

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
NissanRogue12
Car: 2012 Nissan Rogue SV

Hi Everyone,

At 45k miles I noticed that the inner boot on the driver CV axle was busted so I replaced the boot. Now at 60k the boot was broken again and I replaced the entire axle. Since I needed to top off the CV fluid following the swap, I decided to do a drain and fill. I also rotated the tires and performed an oil change...thats the background info...now the problem...

When I accelerate from slow or stopped, I get a vibration, or a wobble. When I floor it on the highway I feel a slight vibration in the gas peddle. Car feels really smooth when moving except for when accelerating like described above. I put the tires back where they started to pull out balance issues. Transmission feels smooth (unless the vibration is the CVT....), no unusual tranny noises when driving or shifting.

The axle is a Carquest axle.

Any ideas?

datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

Probably get Nissan branded (cheap version) of the CV axle, cause my mech had to replace one of the CV axles on my Accord (multiple times) using Carquest, or you can try them "Dura"lasts from Autozone. That's my two cents.

mpattdu
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD

I don't recall exactly but I seem to remember some other owners having problems with aftermarket CV axles. There are a couple pretty extensive threads on the topic so I recommend searching for those. Also, I found the Nissan OEM CV boot replacement kit to be of much better quality than the aftermarket ones and not that much more expensive.

Rogue Jarhead
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue Krom

Never, ever buy an axle from a box store. They are either reground remans or chinese junk. Regrinding changes the tolerances and junk is junk. All those stores lifetime warranty their products but do you really want to change that axle 3,4 maybe 5 times before you get a good one?

I think I’ve heard Nissan has a less expensive line of parts that are made to their specs but have a different brand name. You should be able to find them at an online dealer parts site.

Go to Nissan get online or locally get their lower cost axle if it’s available and see if you can get your money back on the other axle.

NissanRogue12
Car: 2012 Nissan Rogue SV

Rogue Jarhead wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:10 pm
Never, ever buy an axle from a box store. They are either reground remans or chinese junk. Regrinding changes the tolerances and junk is junk. All those stores lifetime warranty their products but do you really want to change that axle 3,4 maybe 5 times before you get a good one?

I think I’ve heard Nissan has a less expensive line of parts that are made to their specs but have a different brand name. You should be able to find them at an online dealer parts site.

Go to Nissan get online or locally get their lower cost axle if it’s available and see if you can get your money back on the other axle.
Thank you! It looks like AAP gave me the AWD part and not the FWD part. Only cost me $40 after coupon and discount code, so I am not too upset. I am going to try the correct part this weekend.

Return to “Rogue Forum”