2012 rogue Alternator Replacement

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
plumm780
Car: 12 Nissan Rogue

Hello,

Does anyone have any experience replacing an alternator for the rogue. Just curious if you have to actually remove the serpentine belt? and can you access the pulley from above to loosen the belt?

Thanks!

Rogue Jarhead
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue Krom

Absolutely you must remove the serpentine belt. I’ve not had to replace an alternator on one of these yet. I have replaced a belt. I have a serpentine belt removal tool and if I recall correctly I still had to remove the belt from below.

You’ll probably have to access the bolts that hold the alternator on one from the top and one from the bottom. An alternator usuallly needs a small pry bar to remove it from the mount after the bolts have been removed. Alternators have a small movable sleeve or bushing often in the mount occasionally on the alternator itself, when replacing the alternator tap that sleeve back into the mount or alternator body and the alternator will slide right in.

rowlands57

Cannot speak to the alternator, but the belt does come off from below. There are some DIY's out there. It also involves removal of the passenger wheel and some of the wheel well trim pieces (lining). It's pretty straightforward, albeit a bit tight in spots. Perhaps having that stuff removed from the wheel well will also help in alternator removal.

Return to “Rogue Forum”