2012 Nissan Quest Rear Main Seal...

A forum for the Nissan Quest... minivan lovers unite!
Distantcrowd240
Car: 2012 Nissan Quest

Hello all,
Recently went to change the oil in my wifes 2012 Nissan Quest and come to find a great deal of oil covering the bellhousing of the transmission from my RMS... After a short look thought the service manual pages I am finding that repair requires removal of the entire engine and transmission and sadly thats a no go for my weekend project considering I dont own a lift. Can anyone confirm if there is a way to do this repair without removing everything. I really dont want to start a project that's doomed from the start and I refuse to pay a shade tree guy or a dealer between $800 & $1200 just for that.

Thanks for any help,
Distantcrowd240

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

Sadly it can be done no other way. Maybe trans only can be removed with engine tilted way down but no easier than that. Flexplate and converter have to come off crank end to get to the seal plate. Trans MUST be out to do that. Meaning axles come out too.

Distantcrowd240
Car: 2012 Nissan Quest

Thanks for the input I would gladly try but if the van is down for more than 2 days I'm SOL... I just dont know if the tranny will come out in the driveway without dropping the entire subframe. If only I had a lift all would be fine but it sounds like no dice...

Return to “Quest Forum”