2012 nissan maxima pulling to right

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
jessie757
Car: 2012 Nissan Maxima
2012 Nissan rouge awd

HELLO ALL NEED SOME HELP I HAVE A 2012 NISSAN MAXIMA PULLING TO THE RIGHT WHILE ACCLEERATING AND DEACCELERATION COMES BACK TO LEFT CHECKED BOTH INNER AND OUTER TIE RODS ARE NORMAL WHAT ELSE CAN IT BE THANKS!!! ALSO RECENTLY DID ALIGNMENT STILL NO GOOD

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Welcome to NICO! Topic moved to correct forum

Please turn off your caps lock, it's the equivalent of shouting.

jessie757
2012 Nissan rouge awd

sorry thanks

astaria
Car: Nissan Maxima 1998

Here's a few things that can cause the car to pull when accelerating -like you mentioned. I cut and paste the information and video. Hope this helps. Video was recent: March 2018.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6ibIf8uesE

In this video I discuss & show a car which pulls right when accelerating and left when decelerating so when pressing the throttle there is a large shift to the right in the steering direction, after letting off it pulls heavily back to the left as the load shifts.

There are a good few items that could cause this problem, to diagnose your issue correctly you will need to lift the vehicle and check each wheel & under your vehicle, check the control arms, the wishbones, ball joints, inner tie rods rack ends, track rod end, wheel bearings, steering rack & any other attaching component depending on your vehicles design.

This will allow you to find the play and fix the problem.
In cases like this it is important to determine the type of vehicle pulling that is involved, whether it is an alignment pull, a brake problem pull, a tire / tyre pressure pull, or like in this car a component has free play causing the pull.

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

Likely lower control arm bushings or balljoint in combination. Changing the LCA gets them both.

And thank your alignment guy for being so incompetent, it is considered so to try to align a car that has whopping loose parts. They are supposed to check for loose first then refuse to do the align if looseness is found but no way in today's trump world, it's get the money and fixing the problem be d-mned. Just describing the issue like in the OP should have told him not to align it, that there were obvious issues to be taken care of first.

People, you NEVER align a car with loose parts, it often makes things worse. Not to mention all the money thrown away there.

Sonialiliana621

I Have the same problem with my 2012 nissan Maxima. Already Changed Tires,CV Axles, Lower Control Arms. Outer tie rods ends Motor Mounts An Did A couple of Alignments. And still causing the same problem. I am Already frustrated let me know if you solve the problem.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Sonialiliana621 wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:30 am
I Have the same problem with my 2012 nissan Maxima. Already Changed Tires,CV Axles, Lower Control Arms. Outer tie rods ends Motor Mounts An Did A couple of Alignments. And still causing the same problem. I am Already frustrated let me know if you solve the problem.
If tie rod ends are causing this issue, it's usually the inners and not the outers, but it can also be something as simple as a loose rack bolt. All FWD cars have a tendency to pull with throttle, the phenomenon is called "torque steer". It's caused by one axle being longer than the other, allowing it to "wind up" more under load. The OEM's have two common solutions. One is to use a tubular axle on the long side and a solid axle on the short side; the tubular axle resists torsion more than the solid and winds up less, equalizing the drive forces. The other is what Nissan does, using equal-length axles and connecting the long side with a very stiff tubular half-shaft that's very resistant to torsion. Neither solution is perfect and there is always a tiny amount of normal torque steer in everything FWD, but anything loose "side-to-side" in the system will exaggerate the tendency. Your mechanic is simply missing something.

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”