2012 NICOFEST Carlisle, PA:Official Registration Information

Read about NICOclub events of the past.
EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

Welcome to the 2012 NICOfest autocross/drift registration thread at the Carlisle Performance and Style Show! May 12-13 (Sat-Sun) at the Carlisle Fairgrounds.

If you're interested in auto-crossing your own car on a wickedly fun autocross course, or displaying your drifting skills without any fear of getting arrested, this is the place to sign up.

We're talking unlimited runs over two days, drift, auto-cross or both. Any make car is welcome. No track experience necessary, opened to all licensed drivers 18 or older. There are no special modifications required for most cars, no special skills required from you. For a small one-time $10 flat fee, (over and above the Performance and Style admission,) you can join us in the private fenced-in NICO paddock beside the track, test your skills with your car, or get an extra close view of the action. Non driving guests are welcome but they will be subject to the same fee.

For those of you who are new to this event, Cars at Carlisle is nationally recognized for their excellent car shows. Six years ago, we brought NICOFEST to the Carlisle Performance & Style show, and the nice folks at Carlisle allowed us unlimited use of their track for NICO members. Needless to say, it was a huge success. But rather than us being the only ones having all of the fun on the track, you are cordially invited to join us with your own car to test your skills and have fun. We're now on our 6th year, and this year will be the biggest yet . The plan is to once again alternate between drifting and autocross throughout the two days. This translates to literally hours of track time for both autocrossing and drifting.

The link below is a recap of last year’s event. This should give you a taste for what it’s about.

the-carlisle-thread-t532898.html

Update: We are proud to announce we have added a featured drifting exhibition by Matt Predmore from Raceseng that will be featured at 3:30pm on Saturday of the event. Go here for more info: guest-drifter-matt-predmore-brought-to- ... 55006.html

SIGNING UP

Registration will be the same as last year. For both NICO members and non-NICO members, please visit the registration link below. You will be prompted to Paypal $10 to NICOclub with Carlisle Registration as the subject matter. Please register separately for each guest. If the name on your Paypal account is different than yours, please indicate so in the comments field on the Paypal transaction. Only names registered through Paypal (or indicated as different in the comments) will be considered registered. No exceptions. If you do not have a Paypal account, major credit cards are excepted via the Paypal website as well. To verify your registration, click the button below. Please note your registration does not update live and may take up to a day after you submit payment for it to reflect on the registration list.
Online Registration
Closed
The registration link will require your real first/last name, not NICO handle.

The Paypal link for the $10 fee will be for track registration only. It is completely separate from the Performance and Style general registration. As in the past, there are no obligations, no extra fees, no hidden charges, no junk mail, no spam. You do not need to own a Nissan or Infiniti to participate. We welcome any make/model car to join the fun. Guests are welcome, but will be subject to the same one-time $10 fee.

Please use this thread for any questions or comments. It will be closely monitored by NICO staff, and we’ll answer you as quickly as possible.

"Walk-in" registration without signing up here will also be permitted, but they will be subject a one-time $25 fee. Good for the duration of the event, with all the same privileges.

Remember, registering for the NICOfest auto-cross and drift does not exclude you from enjoying the many other activities that the Carlisle Performance and Style show offers. It’s a huge show full of features and activities over two days.

Here are the general rules/requirements to participate in the NICOfest Carlisle Drift/Autro-cross event:

General Event Rules

- Participants must be 18 or older licensed drivers

- Event is open to all registered drivers with any make car that pass our technical inspection, No special equipment is required for most vehicles.

- No SUV’s or trucks will be permitted to participate unless approved by the eventmasters.

- New as of this year, convertibles will be allowed provided they have at minimum the original factory rollover safety equipment.

- No motorcycles will be permitted on track

- The tech requirements for your car appear later in this thread.

- This is an "at risk" event. That is, the only insurance covering you and your vehicle during this event is your own. Carlisle Events and NICOclub are not responsible for any damages, injuries, thefts.

- Driving on the track is restricted to those who have registered, paid, plus signed the waivers. Participants must still pay admission to the Carlisle Performance and Style show.

- Un-registered participants (walk ins) are also welcome to run on the track, but will be subject to a one-time $25 fee to participate. That is over and above the admission to the Carlisle Performance and Style show.

-There will be no rental helmets available, so participants must supply their own SA2005 (or newer) Snell rated helmets (no cracks). Motorcycle helmets are also acceptable, but they must have a Snell rating of M2005 or newer. We will also accept helmets with a BSI safety rating of 6658 Type A. As of January 1st, 2012, SA2000 and M2000 helmets have become expired and will not be allowed. Note, helmets with just an SAE/DOT rating are not acceptable. Please make sure you check your helmet to make sure they not only have a Snell or BSI sticker but that has a current one. If there is no valid Snell or BSI sticker, that helmet cannot be used. No exceptions. Bicycle helmets are also not acceptable. It is okay to share helmets, but please be forewarned, no one will be permitted on that track without wearing an approved helmet. Please advise during tech/registration if he or she is sharing helmets. If people are sharing helmets, the helmet only needs to be tech'ed once.

- Long cotton pants/cotton shirts mandatory while driving on track (jeans are fine, but no shorts, please.)

- No flip/flops or sandals. Closed shoes only (sneakers are fine).

- Windbreaker/plastic jackets (which melt in fires), are not permitted for on track driving.

- Cars only need to be tech'ed once for the duration of the event. There is a Tech session planned for Friday afternoon at the official NICO hotel. More information to follow.

-There is no minimum or maximum # of runs. Run as often as you'd like.

-There will be no separate running classes.

- Only cars that have passed tech with registered participants that have signed the waivers will be permitted on course.

- There can be more than one driver per car, but each driver must be registered. Cars with more than one driver only need to be tech’d once.

- Runs can only be made while track is staffed and operating green. No un-authorized private sessions allowed unless specifically approved by the eventmaster.

- Each car will be assigned a number, please make sure it is displayed on driver side rear window.

- Driver’s window must be open while on track. Sunroofs must be closed

- We only allow passengers to ride with instructors or staff. If you’re not staffer or instructor, expect to be denied.

- Passengers must have signed waivers and wear an approved helmet.

- One vehicle will be on the track at one time for autocross. Multiple cars on the track for drifting will be at the sole discretion of the eventmaster.

- Cars will need to be completely emptied of loose articles (including radar detectors, maps, tools, floor mats, etc. before going on the track.

- There will be a fenced in paddock area, but Carlisle Events and NICO assume no responsibility for any lost or stolen property.

- Auto-cross runs will be timed and tracked by car number. If you are sharing a car, not the primary driver, and want to be timed separately, please speak to the starter each time you stage.

- In-car video equipment is permitted but must be securely mounted. Must not obstruct drivers view. Eventmaster, NICO, or starter reserve right to refuse a setup.

- No alcohol beverages in the paddock or on track.

- Smoking is not permitted in the pit/track area.

- No pets.

- No bedding of brakes or testing of vehicles in the paddock area.

- Only park in designated areas. If you must jack your car up, please use wood or metal under the jack/jackstands to prevent damage to the asphalt.

- Please remove all used tires, parts, liquids, garbage before leaving.

- The facility will not have gas,oil, or air, so you’ll need to check your cars prior to arrival.

- Bad behavior may result in dismissal from event or facilities. Please follow starter/corner worker flag instructions.

- All Participants are asked to volunteer to help operate the event, like corner working, registration, or tech. The cars can only run if the corners are staffed.

- And most importantly, Have fun.

CAR "TECH" REQUIREMENTS

Here is what will be required to pass the technical inspection. Essentially if your car can pass a state inspection, it should pass tech. Please be sure to check your over carefully before coming. It would be a shame not to be able to run because of something small.

Engine compartment: no leaks, fluids okay, belts tight, throttle free, no cheap tape on hoses.

Brakes: fluid clean, full

Brake lights/signals: operational

Battery: mounted securely

Wipers: functional

Tires: Autocross: no cuts, no cord showing, no dry rot. R-compounds or slicks are permitted
Drift: no tire requirements.

Wheels: no missing lugnuts. Torque will be checked during tech.

Interior: all loose items removed, glove box empty, floor mats removed

Restraints – factory seat belts are acceptable.

Fire Extinguisher – optional, but if present must be securely mounted

Trunk : emptied, and secured

Helmet: SA2005/M2005 ratings or newer. No cracks. DOT/SAE (only) rated helmets are not acceptable

Gas cap : present and secured.

VOLUNTEERS

We’ll need volunteers to make it happen.Volunteers are naturally welcome to drive. But with the track open for so many hours, we’ll need everyone to volunteer some time. Here are the areas where we are asking for volunteer help:

Tech inspector: working a simple checklist, don’t need to be a mechanic.

Registration: checking in attendees, signing waivers, assigning car numbers, issuing wristbands.

Corner workers: for safety, picking up cones, reporting knocked over cones, watching for debris, spin outs, fluids, etc.

Starter: In charge of safety, launches drivers. Coordinates with corner workers.

OTHER DETAILS

You will go through tech prior to registration. Tech is located at the NICOfest tent just outside the entrance to the paddock. Once you,your car, and your helmet pass tech, you then register at the same tent, where you will sign waivers and be issued a wrist band and a number for your car. The number is to be taped to the inside of the driver side rear window. Please wear the wrist band for the duration of the event (All weekend).

If your car already has a number, we will let you use it, but please let us know that number when you register, so we don't give it out to someone else.

You only need to register once for the duration of the event.

The Carlisle main gates will open at 0900 both days. The official address is as follows:

Carlisle Fairgrounds1000
Bryn Mawr Road
Carlisle PA 17013-1588

Carlisle is just west of Harrisburg PA. convenient to the PA turnpike and I-81.

The track is located on the north side of the property, and can be seen from the PA turnpike. Once you come through the gate into the fairgrounds, and pass the buildings, you will turn left and head for the big tent.

The track itself an out-and-back asphalt course with a grass infield. There are some on and off camber turns that make this course much more interesting than a normal parking lot auto-cross setup. It is a second gear course. You should find it easy to navigate, but challenging to get through fast. There will also be a lot of spectators which adds to the excitement. Both the track and paddock are fenced in.

We will publish the auto-cross/drift schedules as soon as they get finalized. The drifting will be featured by the show so expect plenty of spectators.

To register for the Performance and style show itself, please refer to Carlisle's Registration page here: http://store.carlisleevents.com/SearchR ... asp?Cat=22 and make sure to choose "NICO" as your club affiliation. This will get you credentials to get into the show. Once you are inside, if you are registered for the track event, simply come on down to the paddock and check in. There is also plenty of parking if you choose not to run on the track.

Some other tips.

You are on your own for overnight accommodations. There will be no camping at the fairgrounds. We will announce where most of the staff will be staying, but you under no obligation to stay there. There are many places to stay in the Carlisle area in all price ranges.

If you are after maximum runs, we recommend getting tech’ed/registered on Friday afternoon, and arriving at the Fairgrounds early on Saturday so you can get on track immediately. Tech lines can get long on Saturday morning. The lines to get on track traditionally have been smallest early on Saturday morning, and Sunday afternoon until closing. The drift/auto-cross schedule runs tight, so if you’re planning to run, you might want to give yourself time to get prepped before the session begins.

That's it for now, please stay tuned in case of any changes or announcements.

Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask here. We hope you will join us at the Carlisle Performance and Style show for some extra special fun with your car.

Any questions can be addressed here and either Joel (Bubba1), the eventmaster, or any other staff member and we will do our best to answer your questions as quickly as possible.

Thank you,

Torry

gmac708
Car: :o)
1970 240Z
1972 510

First!
I just registered 2. 1 for me and 1 for Cameron.
Really looking forward to this. Hope to do more driving this year. You can count on me for volunteer work as well.
Gord

LongBeachCoupe
Car: 08 Altima Coupe (RIP Hurricane Sandy)
2005 Lexus RX

2nd..
I am making room arrangements for everyone, if you want a room at the place everyone is staying at for a rate that is better than what the hotel offers..
PM ME or check the thread in the ac section.
Regular rate is $129 a night plus tax...
LBC Rate is 125 a night INCLUDING tax!

So far I have 20 rooms booked for us, I expect the number to hit 30!

Heavy
Car: 1992 Mr.Two, 1996 LS4HUNNID, 1999 Appliance on wheels.

CANNOT WAIT, maybe ill take the LS around the autocross track once or twice...

Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

LongBeachCoupe wrote:2nd..
I am making room arrangements for everyone, if you want a room at the place everyone is staying at for a rate that is better than what the hotel offers..

just to clarify. These rooms are located at the same hotel where most of the NICO staff and many NICOnauts have stayed the last few years. It's the Park Inn West in Mechanicsburg (about 20 minutes from the Carlisle Fairgrounds). There is no requirement to stay there but the hotel is usually a NICO hotspot. It also features a "coyote ugly" type of bar and a TGI Friday's across the street that knows how to make the infamous "purple drank" :dblthumb:

DReed86
Car: Altima Coupe 2008 SE 3.5 White CVT

I just paid twice.

David Reed
& NEW Fiance
Christina Duffield from Centreville, va

Greenblurr93

Myself and Jenn will be there with the 8 again :)

flohtingPoint
Car: 2004 Z16 Corvette Z06

Busy this year again, conflicting dates.

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

flohtingPoint wrote:Busy this year again, conflicting dates.

or perhaps some fear that James might beat your best time?..... :chuckle:

We'll miss you.

Rotard
Car: 2006 Mazda RX-8
2011 Mazda2

:fruit: Torry will be wearing a dress!!!!!

EZcheese15
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

Rotard wrote::fruit: Torry will be wearing a dress!!!!!
Only if I'm the slowest...which isn't gonna happen!

boston824
Car: 2010 Nissan Altima 2.5S, Sedan, Super Black
2006 Toyota Camry SE, Sedan, Silver

Good Morning Nicolodians:

We (...family) are looking forward to our first trip to the fairgrounds for NICO 2012; reservations made at the local Hampton Inn (3 miles out because the wife works for Hilton, an we get an employee discount).
Just curious if there will be vendors to purchase parts and accessories for the cars, similar to Corvettes of Carlisle. Either way just got a new digital camera (Canon T2i), preparing the Altima, and counting the days....

If anyone from the Frederick, MD area is interested in meeting up before leaving Friday evening after work, let me know.... Planned on leaving the area around 1900 hrs, but that is flexible (~1.5 hr ride, I think).
Last edited by boston824 on Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

VQpwrdSE-R
Car: 2005 Code Red Nissan Altima SE-R
2013 Nissan Altima SV

Count me in! I must find a way to endure the long 45 min drive there to Carlisle. :biggrin:

Torry, I dont see the metro on your cars list. Did it succumb to the rust?

EZcheese15
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

VQpwrdSE-R wrote:Count me in! I must find a way to endure the long 45 min drive there to Carlisle. :biggrin:

Torry, I dont see the metro on your cars list. Did it succumb to the rust?
It blew up and I left it on the side of the road for the salvage yard to scrap it. I bought a Juke to replace it! However, if I do drive to Carlisle, I'll bring the Celica. I'm still 50/50 on whether I'm going to fly or drive though.

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

EZcheese15 wrote:
It blew up and I left it on the side of the road for the salvage yard to scrap it. I bought a Juke to replace it! However, if I do drive to Carlisle, I'll bring the Celica. I'm still 50/50 on whether I'm going to fly or drive though.
It;s a win-win situation for us. It'd be cool to finally see the Celica, but also fun watching Torry abuse a rental. :dblthumb:

Greenblurr93

Bubba1 wrote:It;s a win-win situation for us. It'd be cool to finally see the Celica, but also fun watching Torry abuse a rental in a dress :dblthumb:
Fixed

EZcheese15
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

Greenblurr93 wrote:
Bubba1 wrote:It;s a win-win situation for us. It'd be cool to finally see the Celica, but also fun watching Torry abuse a rental in a dress :dblthumb:
Fixed
Damn you!

Marenta
Car: 2008 Mopar Crap AND '91 Isuzu Impulse RS

I think myself and Hijacker are going this year, we'll have to talk about it. That is, if he gets stationed here at Langley, then we're golden (like a shower!) and cleared to go.

EZcheese15
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

Marenta wrote:I think myself and Hijacker are going this year, we'll have to talk about it. That is, if he gets stationed here at Langley, then we're golden (like a shower!) and cleared to go.
Awesome! Haven't seen you guys in forever!

sndtgr08
Car: Altima Coupe 3.5SE MT

All dues paid. Im in.

LongBeachCoupe
Car: 08 Altima Coupe (RIP Hurricane Sandy)
2005 Lexus RX

Whys this thread so slow!? Its gonna be epic!

RaceFan
Car: 2003 M45 Garnet Fire

I live nearby, less than 20 minutes away, and have been a Carlisle regular for many Spring and Fall and other various shows over the years. If anyone needs anything, like a recommendation for a place to eat, or if someone has an issue and needs service work or repairs, just let me know. I can point you in the right direction.

At this point I plan on being in attendance, but not necessarily a part of the NICO group with one of my Nissan / Datsun vehicles. I am hoping to get things sorted and functional to allow me to be in attendance with my Dune Buggy and hanging with buds who also own them. I'll try and find a pic or two to post.

Also, I may or may not be helping at the auto-X event, as I am part of the local Susquehanna Valley SCCA chapter that puts on the event, so maybe I'll see you there?

EZcheese15
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

RaceFan wrote: Also, I may or may not be helping at the auto-X event, as I am part of the local Susquehanna Valley SCCA chapter that puts on the event, so maybe I'll see you there?
The autoX event is put on by NICO and is not associated with SCCA. SCCA did run the timing gates for us last year for us (and we hope to have them back again this year), but the event is put on by us.

However, with that being said, we are always looking for volunteers to help corner marshal and do tech inspections. Not having a Nissan there doesn't mean anything. We're all there for the people anyway, not the cars. I plan on driving my Celica out for it myself! Even if you don't plan on autoXing, I'd recommend registering (it's only $10) with us, just so you get pit access. That's where all the cool kids hang out anyway ;)

nick1809
Car: 1991 300zx 2+0 n/a slick top

i will be going! :D dont know if Renee will make an appearance BUT, ill be there with all the I f*ckin drift .com guys at our booth and possibly sliding if i have renee. i dont know. cant wait to see everyone!! :D
Last edited by nick1809 on Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

frapjap
Car: '99 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
'07 Subaru Legacy

Hey Torry, just paid you this morning.

You just made a payment of$10.00 USD
Paid to
HDS Holdings, Inc
Your transaction ID for this payment is: 9DU28529GA9600317.

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

frapjap wrote:Hey Torry, just paid you this morning.

You just made a payment of$10.00 USD
Paid to
HDS Holdings, Inc
Your transaction ID for this payment is: 9DU28529GA9600317.

I like the pic. :dblthumb:

Centurin
Car: 2003 Dodge Stratus Coupe

Is there any place to store loose items? If not, where do you guys keep cameras or other items? I'm driving down for the day so I won't have a hotel to put stuff.

EZcheese15
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

Centurin wrote:Is there any place to store loose items? If not, where do you guys keep cameras or other items? I'm driving down for the day so I won't have a hotel to put stuff.
We can usually put some more valuable stuff inside one of the staffer's cars that isn't running on the track. We usually have a couple cars parked right by the tent that aren't running.

Sijonda
Car: DD => 1991 240SX/SE Silver SR20DET BlackTop.
For Sale => 1999 Altima GXE Black, completely stock. -Sold
Track => 1988 Mustang GT White, 3.73 rear gear.

Will I need to pay $10 for both me and my girlfriend or just myself and have her name on the registration? she's not driving or anything.

EZcheese15
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

Sijonda wrote:Will I need to pay $10 for both me and my girlfriend or just myself and have her name on the registration? she's not driving or anything.
It is $10 per person to be in the track area, regardless if you are driving or not.

Return to “Past NICO Events”