2012 M56 package question

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
lKoRTy

Hello all. I am considering getting M56 in the next few months and have been researching for a while, but still have a question regarding tech package.

I assume this was a good deal that got sold recently: http://6157.ecarlist.com/web/used/Infin ... /21645094/

Now, when I talked to them, they said it only has premium and sport packages. The pictures clearly show that the steering wheel has the cruise on/off and shield button, like this:
http://i.i.cbsi.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim//2010 ... 41x331.jpg

That would imply that it has tech package, right? :confused:

Subsequently, a 2012 M56 having a tech package would imply it has all packages (premium is standard, deluxe tour is required for tech and sport you can tell by the wheels)

Am I missing something, or does the dealer not know what they were selling?

There's never good description of cars these days, except IT HAS AIR CONDITIONING AND NAVIGATION.. woohoo.. So I'm at least am trying to identify tech package by those options on steering wheel.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Had a 2008 g35xs w/ all pckgs, and currently have a 2014 q50 hybrid w/ all pckgs.

Thanks!

SmoovC
Car: '06 M45 Premium, Brakemotive, H-Techs, KYB's, USA-Spec PA15-INFI w/ BT streaming, Kuda cell mount, Magnaflow exhaust. (CAR SOLD)

Current: 2012 M56S, Harbour Blue, 4 pc Aero Kit

2012 M56 Packages & Options:

Premium Package is standard on all M56's.
Deluxe Touring Package is optional.
Sport Package is optional for M56; and includes all contents of the M37 Sport Package and Sport Touring Package.
Technology Package is optional; and requires Sport Package.

The car listed appears to have Premium (standard), Sport Package and Tech Package. The Sport package is required to get the Tech Package; unless you buy a non-Sport and get the Deluxe Touring Package. The easiest way to identify a Deluxe Touring Package car is the White Ash silver-powdered wood trim, and the quilted seat pattern with contrast piping.
Last edited by SmoovC on Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

lKoRTy

Thanks for the confirmation!
Since it has a tech package, then safe to assume it also has deluxe touring, correct?
According to http://www.infinitim37.com/pdf/2012-M37-specs.pdf It's also a requirement.

SmoovC
Car: '06 M45 Premium, Brakemotive, H-Techs, KYB's, USA-Spec PA15-INFI w/ BT streaming, Kuda cell mount, Magnaflow exhaust. (CAR SOLD)

The Sport Touring Package and Sport Package has all of the options that the Deluxe Touring Package has; minus the ash wood trim, quilted seats and suede headliner. A Sport will not have these.

icrf
Car: 2012 Infiniti M37x
1993 Nissan Hardbody
1970 International Harvester Travelall

I guess it's different on an M56 than an M37, but I had thought that Technology always required Touring. Not so on an M37, as my car has the former, but not the latter. The Technology package is the one I was really after, anyway.

When I was shopping on Carmax for mine, I depended on the pictures, as what data was input was utterly unreliable. That steering wheel picture is definitely indicative of adaptive cruise control and the Technology package. Note that little button to the lower left of accel/resume. That sets the distance for the adaptive cruise.

For the Touring package, the best way I've found is the upper center HVAC console. A button with a tree on it means it has Forest Air, which is part of the Touring package.

That looks like a good deal. I paid $32k for mine, but its AWD and had 24k miles. That one has 48k miles and 2WD, but it's also the V8 and has Touring and Sport packages.

SmoovC

Yes icrf, the M37 has a whole different way to configure.

The only requirement for Tech Package is the Premium Package; which is optional (not standard as on the M56) on the M37.

lKoRTy

Probably a long shot, but is there a way to type in a VIN anywhere and get all the info about packages, etc? Or does Infiniti customer care offer that kind of service at all?

icrf
Car: 2012 Infiniti M37x
1993 Nissan Hardbody
1970 International Harvester Travelall

Infiniti might, but there isn't any kind of simple decoder offering that level of detail. I found one somewhere and this is the best I could tell it meant for my VIN (guessing on some parts):
JN1BY1AR2CM######

JN1 mfg - infiniti
B engine - VQ37VHR
Y line - Y51 series M
1 model change - ?
A body type - sedan
R misc - awd
2 check digit
C model year - 2012
M mfg plant - tochigi
###### serial number

lKoRTy

Can any of the eagle eye's tell me if this is a Malbec Black or Black Obsidian? The dealer went out and looked at it, saying there is no purple tint, but the VIN pulls a Malbec..
http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detai ... verview/#1

Also, is it worth getting the awd for this price vs a rwd sport? I had g35xs and now q50hs, so I think would want to stick with sport tuned chassis, but wanted to hear if anyone drove both and noticed big difference in handling? (I think brakes are also better on the sport?)

Thanks in advance.. 1 month left before lease end.. crunch time..

DoN_BLaZe34
Car: 2007 M45 Sport - Sold
2006 FX45 - Traded
2014 Q70S 5.6 - Sold
2017 Q70L 5.6 - Current

That looks like Malbec to me...easiest way to tell would be to have them look at the paint code, KH3 is Obsidian, GAC is Malbec

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”