2012 m37X Scan Report Emergency Belts /Laser Cruise

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
PeteFiniti
Car: 2012 Infiniti M37X

Recently, I have been experiencing an issue with my seat belts where they seem to tighten as if in an emergency braking situation, even during normal braking. This used to happen rarely, maybe once a year in response to a dangerous situation on the road, but now it's happening 4-6 times per round trip of approximately 30 miles.

To investigate the issue, I used my blueDriver scan tool and have attached the resulting report. However, I am a bit puzzled by a mention of an iPod in the report as I don't even own one.

Has anyone else experienced a similar issue with their seat belts? Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Attachments
infiniti_codes_page2.png
infiniti_codes_page1.png

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

It sounds like the stroke sensor on your brake pedal is acting up. The DTC's indicate the seatbelts on both sides are cycling rapidly enough to heat up the motors, but since it's both sides, the cause has to be something common. The stroke sensor is the most likely failure point.

PeteFiniti
Car: 2012 Infiniti M37X

My searches from my model car and the part you mentioned does not come up for my car.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

It may be part of the brake pedal assembly, the DPC catalog shows four different pedals and some are way pricier than others. I'm a Nissan guy and not Infiniti, but those codes are unique to the precrash seatbelt controller, and according to the FSM, if it has the controller, it has to have a stroke sensor.

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”