2012 M37x Popping Noises from Exhaust Pipe

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
vin_m37
Car: 2012 Infiniti M37x

Hi guys. Just a few hours ago, I started experiencing something periodically jerking/jolting under my drivers seat during idle in both the Drive & Park gear for my 2012 Infiniti M37x (Random intervals, but more active when the car has been driven for a while).

At first I thought it could be my transmission since I did some pulls (Went pretty high in RPM’s) in manual mode a couple hours before and the shifts now in automatic are kind of jerky and sluggish.

But when I went outside I noticed some abnormal pops coming from ONLY my right exhaust tip. There’s also some liquid coming out of the exhaust tip as well sometimes. So I’m kind of confused on what the root cause can be.

I attached a video clip of the sound onto this post here:

https://youtube.com/shorts/-CXS9GJPpG0? ... oS9_iijNTz

For some context: I got Berk High flow cats on my car in November 2023 (The rest of the exhaust is stock) Also replaced a leaky valve cover gasket and put in new spark plugs last week. I purchased the car last September so I’m new to the Infiniti community :biggrin:

Any help would be appreciated :)

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Sounds like maybe a leak of some sort that is just starting to show itself?

vin_m37
Car: 2012 Infiniti M37x

Ilya wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:48 am
Sounds like maybe a leak of some sort that is just starting to show itself?
Yeah that’s what I’m thinking. Going to get it checked out either tonight or tomorrow. Wish me luck haha

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”