2012 m37x fuel injection type

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
M37xnut
Car: 2012 m37x

I keep finding conflicting info...

Is my car Direct injection or port?

Do I have to be concerned with carbon buildup?

Thanks in advance...

EdBwoy

It is not direct injected. You should not have to worry about carbon buildup.

Where did you get that information that has you worried?

M37xnut
Car: 2012 m37x

This is one website that indicates direct injection...

https://www.engine-specs.net/nissan/vq37vhr.html

I'll take your word for it! Thanks for the quick reply.

I love the car...it has 83k miles. Everything is perfect except for seeping valve cover gaskets.

Just trying to decide if I should keep it, with confidence it will continue to be reliable.

EdBwoy

M37xnut wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:13 am
This is one website that indicates direct injection...

Close!
It references NDIS, and goes further to call it Nissan Direct Ignition System - basically describing that the sparkplugs are fired by coilpacks.
Those of us who have dealt with older cars might remember that a "tune-up" consisted of replacing spark plugs as well as spark plug wires from the distributor to the cylinder. Coilpacks eliminate that octopus of a system.

So, I assume it's just a minor confusion with the terms ignition (electricity & spark) vs. injection (fuel).
While NDIS is not a very common buzzword these days, the direct fuel injection that you're thinking of with regards to carbon issues, is more commonly referred to as DIG or GDI, gasoline direct injection.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

EdBwoy wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:49 pm
It references NDIS, and goes further to call it Nissan Direct Ignition System - basically describing that the sparkplugs are fired by coilpacks.
Those of us who have dealt with older cars might remember that a "tune-up" consisted of replacing spark plugs as well as spark plug wires from the distributor to the cylinder. Coilpacks eliminate that octopus of a system.
For the OP, the term nowadays is COP (Coil-On-Plug), or DIS (Distributorless Ignition System) for those that have multi-coil packs with wires but no dizzy. I haven't heard the term "NDIS" outside of a service manual in ages.

EdBwoy

I love this forum, there's always something to learn!

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”