2012 M37 elect. Issue, engine harness replaced- others?e

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
Johnhw2
Car: Infiniti QX56 (Entertainment, Tech, Delux Touring, 4wd)

I am leasing a 2012 M37 now have 25k miles. I experienced warning light for both brakes and battery on at same time.

First fix was reprogram per bulletin & replaced battery. Drove it a week,same issue reappeared.

Second fix replaced the alternator. Drove it again a week, it reappeared. Noticed horn didn't work, may have not previously, didn't notice.

Third fix replaced engine harness, guidance from by infinit engineer, problem reappeared immediately. Dealer replaced harness again but with a different version as suggested by a different engineer.

Problem solved. Dealer treated me great. Owned 12 infiniti's, first time any warning light indicated issue. Anyone else experienced this or similar?

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

My M is a 2007 and also has never displayed a CEL aside from the time I blew a fuse messing about with LEDs. I'm just past 80k miles and still it runs and performs like new (all maintenance up to date). That said, your year has more electronics than mine and the more complicated they make these things, the more chances something will go titz-up.
I'm not sure how well Nissan / Infiniti keep their tecnicians and service reps updated on the latest advancements, but from your experience, it seems they could do better. Not every glitch is diagnosed the first time, but 3-4 trys is a bit below par in my opinion.
My fear is they continue to improve and complicate things until our Ms become more like Merc's and BM's. If that happens, Infiniti will need larger service departments for all the cars towed in, and we'll be left with only two hopes: BOB Hope and NO hope.

svard75
Car: 06 M35x

Trust me if this is nissan's new track record you can be certain they will soon be acquired or out of business. People buy German cars for the symbol and status for which Japanese do not have. That said we're only really hearing a few users with issues so it may not be that big of a deal.

The00Dustin
Car: 2006 M45

msvara wrote:Trust me if this is nissan's new track record you can be certain they will soon be acquired or out of business.
Who is going to acquire them? Renault? Oh wait... :tisk:

svard75
Car: 06 M35x

It's a two way street with Renault. Although I honestly don't see them becoming the majority.
On another topic where are they selling Datsuns?

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”