2012 infiniti fx35- no backup lamps, no rear camera

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
stalljs
Car: 2012 infiniti fx35

Hi. Hope someone can help. All fuses checked with multimeter and all test good. There is no backup switch on top of or on the side of transmission. There is no backup lamp relay. I contacted infiniti dealership parts department and was told that it was probably the auto trans shift lock solenoid valve and park switch located to left of shifter. Has anyone ever known of this to stop voltage to backup camera and lamps? Thank you

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Yes, I think it could be the switch in your shift assembly. I would guess the switch is external (on top of and outside of the transmission housing). Did you spill some coffee in there? Maybe you can clean it if you can get to the contacts. Maybe a replacement will be easy to install. The FSM will help (see your other thread for a link).

stalljs

Thank you for the input. For reasons beyond my ability to understand,nissan removed all reverse switches from exterior of trans.but when I read that on some models they had the reverse lamp switch directly on top of trans which required a dropping of trans to replace it, I was naturally elated to not find anything on the transmission. Now, with the 2012 and maybe the 2010 & 2011,the reverse switch is gone as well as the relay that at one time became energized and provided current to backup camera and lamps. Nothing has been spilled on these interior components. And the component that was suggested by infiniti parts department (trans shift lock solenoid valve & park switch) seems to be mostly involved when you can't get shifter out of park.which is its main function,I think. But I don't know .....does it also have a function of sending current to lamps and reverse camera. Anyone? Help

PandA3
Car: Infiniti FX 3.0s

Hi. My cameras have stopped working also.
Can I ask, whether your proximity detectors still work?
Or do your cameras work when you manually select the function on the dash module?
I have nothing at all which makes me believe it can't be related to the transmission switch?
Thanks

centralcoaster33

From my understanding, the key position switch and the transmission position switch are the two things that control your camera and backup lamps. I don't think I'd just start replacing switches and solenoids without checking the book first. The FSM (factory service manual) discusses the backup camera system and diagnoses. There's a fuse to check, the camera could be bad, a switch or solenoid? Maybe. Best way to save some $ is to do some diagnoses and you'll need the FSM for that. If one of you two find the issue and fix it, please write back for others. Thanks.

http://www.nicoclub.com/infiniti-service-manuals

centralcoaster33

There is possibly some camera calibration through the diagnostic menu that you might be able to use to check your camera.

stalljs

3rd post without getting through so this will be brief. I am original poster. My problem is backup lamp relay. I had no back up lamps, great fuses, and no rear camera,but would work when button pressed on dash.Located behind dash, low right of monitor. It's blue and yours is the top one. You're welcome.

centralcoaster33

So, you simply had to push a blue button on your dash to get the lights and camera to work?

PandA3

I think he means the problem was the reverse lamp relay, which is blue and behind the dash etc.
the cameras worked when he pressed the manual button on the dash. so it was only an auto camera activation when reverse selected problem.
My issue is complete malfunction of ALL cameras and proximity detectors. I need to find out if the proximities are controlled via the camera control module....if so then I guess that's my problem.

PandA3

Well.. 5 years on and I still haven't got any Cameras working!
Would anyone know the difference in Part Numbers for the Control Module?
They all start 284A1- and then the next 5 numbers/letters are different on other Nissans/Other Infinitis.
I'm not paying £1000 for a new one so have been looking online for a used one from a breakers.
Nearest looking one I've found is from a QX56... is it worth a try?
Cheers

redpillarz
Car: 2012 Infiniti M37

stalljs wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:00 pm
3rd post without getting through so this will be brief. I am original poster. My problem is backup lamp relay. I had no back up lamps, great fuses, and no rear camera,but would work when button pressed on dash.Located behind dash, low right of monitor. It's blue and yours is the top one. You're welcome.
I don't feel welcome as of yet. Did what you said and found the blue relay on top and replaced. My system still isn't working. Camera in diagnostics works but doesn't engage reverse lights nor camera. Any other insight?

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”