2012 G37x cheapest way to get video from iPhone 4?

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
KevinP
Car: 2012 Infiniti G37x no navy

Hello.

Please give me an advice.
I got 2012 Infiniti G37x no navy. And I want to use my iphone 4 navy on car's screen. ( need only video)

As I understand

1) I need to jailbrake my iphone 4 and install VideoOut app.
2) Buy apple composite cable to connect phone
3) Make Video Bybass modification to see screen on driving

The question is:
How I will connect phone with car? Just plug composite cable to car's usb?
Because there is no video inputs on G37 2011+ only usb.

Thank you!

kiltedman
Car: 2012 Infiniti G37 X

You will also need some software to play the video externally from the iPhone. That software would have to be on the car's computer. If you just make the display in the car an external monitor then you may be able to find an app you will need to jail break your phone to use.

KevinP
Car: 2012 Infiniti G37x no navy

Firs time heard about that. Please give more info

2012 G37 didnt have RCA inputs, only USB. Question is : how to connect car and phone?

kiltedman
Car: 2012 Infiniti G37 X

Assuming you are stock, you will need to do a lot of customization on the software side and create a way for the computer to:

1) Recognize the phone
2) Find the video on the phone (this would have to be done via some of Apple's APIs, if you can manage to program that)
3) Have the proper permissions for the computer to play the file and ensure it is using the correct codec
4) Decide whether or not you want to create a new video player interface for the touch screen in the Dashboard so you can control it from the screen, nevermind the steering wheel controls.
5) Play the video in the proper aspect ratio so it displays on the screen in the dashboard (which has a lower resolution than your iPhone 4 (and my iPhone 4, for that matter).
6) I'm not saying it's impossible, but it's going to be very technical and there is probably a way to do it.

Start with finding out what language is used to run the Infiniti Nav System.

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”