2012 G37s AWD Extended start issues

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
G37sx
Car: 2012 Infiniti G37 S AWD Coupe

Hi All. I’m a new INFINITI owner. Loving my G37 Coupe!
Days after I bought it I noticed some long starts, although random, they have increased in frequency. I took it to my local Nissan dealer and after more than a week and over $1k determined the fuel pump needed to be replaced. The tech seams to be knowledgeable, but unfortunately the new pump didn’t solve or even improve the issue. The previous owner had a dealer installed K&N intake system installed. My Nissan dealer is telling me that shouldn’t have been done and that it has to be brought back to OEM speck before they can submit the issue to Nissan corporate. I would appreciate any help or advice you may have. Thx!

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

G37sx wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:01 am
Hi All. I’m a new INFINITI owner. Loving my G37 Coupe!
Days after I bought it I noticed some long starts, although random, they have increased in frequency. I took it to my local Nissan dealer and after more than a week and over $1k determined the fuel pump needed to be replaced. The tech seams to be knowledgeable, but unfortunately the new pump didn’t solve or even improve the issue. The previous owner had a dealer installed K&N intake system installed. My Nissan dealer is telling me that shouldn’t have been done and that it has to be brought back to OEM speck before they can submit the issue to Nissan corporate. I would appreciate any help or advice you may have. Thx!
Welcome!
I think you made a few errors

1- You should have paid to have had the vehicle thoroughly inspected by an Infiniti dealer prior to purchase.
2- After a Nissan dealer recommended a fuel pump replacement you should have gotten a second opinion from an Infiniti dealer
3- No dealer is going to troubleshoot weird troubles with after market mods

Perhaps you have a failing battery, corroded battery posts/cables, poor ground, starter relay contacts, poor wiring harness connections, etc
Troubleshooting could become very time consuming?
Was the vehicle ever involved in a flood or never garaged parked outside in damp climates?

Good luck

Telcoman

G37sx
Car: 2012 Infiniti G37 S AWD Coupe

Thanks for the encouragement. Hindsight I would have done things differently, but that’s done, I can’t change that. Hopefully someone on this forum has some helpful information. The dealer Nissan/Infiniti, shouldn’t matter. They first tested the electrical system, then moved to the fuel delivery system and found that when at rest the fuel pressure would drop to 0. They felt confident the pump would solve the problem.

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”