2011 Versa starting issues

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
kozmo403
Car: 2011 Nissan Versa

I have a 2011 Versa that's suddenly having issues starting. Started fine this evening, stopped for dinner and wouldn't turn over when we tried to leave. Finally got it to start, stopped at the grocery store and again, it failed to start when we attempted to leave. Got home, stopped the engine, and when I tried to start it again, it failed. Waited a few minutes, and it decided to work.

In all cases, the dash lights, dome light, headlights, etc. all come on. I'm at a loss on what might be causing this. It's a base model with a manual transmission.

I've tried turning the ignition to the ON position and letting it sit there for several minutes. This worked once, but not the next time. Tried turning it off and on again in rapid succession and that didn't work at all.

Any ideas on what this might be? Thanks in advance!

Rockwerx
Car: 2007 Versa

Did you figure out the problem?

Our 2007 Versa failed to start on two occasions. Both times the battery was failing. Replaced the battery with a lead acid battery (instead of the stock calcium battery) and it fixed the problem. Not impressed with calcium battery life.

Before the battery completely failed a couple of times the car would start but due to low voltage the engine and transmission would go into limp mode. The car would only go a bit above idle and it would barely roll out of the garage. After the battery charged a bit, restarting it the car started to function properly again. Replaced the battery and it was good until that battery failed after a few years.

Many new vehicles are sensitive to low voltage and will not function properly until the situation is corrected (ie. worn down battery, alternator failing, electrical shorts...).

Return to “Versa General Chat”