2011 Rogue Transmission Mount

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
jensen3000
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SV 2WD

Hello- this is my first post here. I've been coming here from time to time through search engines, but I have a question now that I can't seem to find the answer for. I have rattling noises up front that won't go away. I have been doing what amounts to an overhaul on the front end (New CV's, control arms, and sway bars on both sides). I have also replaced the engine mount and the upper/lower torque struts mounts. Each time, I seem to tackle part of the noise, but more rattling emerges. My guess is that one component wearing out just caused a cascade of worn components to follow suit.

Anyhow, my next target is the transmission mount. Most of the noise seems to be coming from that general area, and I am still getting a little movement when I shift R to N to D. My question is- there seems to be two ways to buy this mount, either the full assembly, or a smaller one that is a hunk of aluminum with the exposed rubber cushion. Does this rubber cushion need to be pressed in professionally, or does it just slide in? I'd prefer to save a few bucks if I can with the latter choice, but if I'm going to end up taking it to a shop, I might as well buy the whole thing, right?

Thanks in advance!

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

:welcome:

You didn't mention it, so I have to ask... have you checked the heat shield?

Literally 99 times out of 100, rattling noises on Rogues can be traced to a broken or loose heat shield.

jensen3000

Thanks for the welcome! I have not checked it, but will do so. The rattling I hear seems to mainly happen (at this point) when I am driving over speedbumps or very rough pavement, which are both everywhere in my neighborhood.

The engine mount had definitely failed, and the torque struts were both worn, so I do still want to go ahead and replace the transmission mount. I do like driving up mountain roads. :)

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

Might give you some insight and idea what might be going on with your Rogue too. Check it out.

jensen3000

Unfortunately, that does sound like it might be the thing. Reading the comments makes it sound a little easier than it looks at first. Thanks for sharing that!

jensen3000

Hey- so I'm tackling this job this weekend, and I have a question. In the video linked above, the guy leaves the steering rack mounted to the subframe. I found another video where a guy is doing a different Nissan model with an almost identical subframe, and he removes the steering rack from the subframe. This second guy looked like he was in a pro garage, and he had a lift and all the rolling carts to help remove the subframe. Doing this in my driveway with jackstands- which way would be easier?

Return to “Rogue Forum”