2011 Rogue Excellent Highway miles

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
rabidus
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue
2012 Nissan Quest

Had to take a 423 mile trip today. I filled up the tank and drove nonstop 6 hours and 35 minutes. According to the dash, I got 31 mpg. On a previous trip, I was only able to get about 25 mpg.

The only changes I made was I started using 93 octane and I drained and filled my CVT with Valvoline CVT fluid. On a previous trip, I also ran into CVT overheating issues and limp mode, which still allowed me to do 70 mph, but no faster than that. The fluid change seems to have fixed it.

I didn't run into any issues this time driving for over 6 hours straight. I also drove with traction off the whole trip. I also used cruise control for the whole trip.

The engine was at 2000 rpm at 70 mph, the mpg got worse over 70 mph.

I'm a big fan of the CVT, O/D off equals fun on twistie back roads. L gear is fun in the twistie also. Later Rogue models call L gear Ds(Drive sport)

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

Pretty sweet! The best I ever got my dash to show was 41-43 mpg on a long trip with a very strong crosswind behind me while driving on a flat highway. Personally using my hypermiling techniques and playing this game of trying to achieve the highest mpg I can get on my Rogue display. I wanted to kill the boredom. Absolutely perfect conditions. Drove 55-60 at my most efficient sweet spot. It was a couple years after I bought the Rogue so it was fairly new. 9-10 yrs ago.

I get around 16 mpg now, but did improve to 17 mpg on my dash. Mainly city driving with tons of non-aerodynamiamic exterior heavy accessories. :inoutgay:

rabidus
2012 Nissan Quest

casperfun wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:28 pm
while driving on a flat highway.
I drove from Georgia to Mississippi on I20, a lot of long inclines and declines, fairly flat in Mississippi and end of Alabama. Lowest elevation was around 110 feet above sea level according to an app I downloaded. Not sure what the highest was, I didn't download the app right away.
Drove 55-60 at my most efficient sweet spot.
I did notice that the slower I went the better the mpg, 70 mph was the slowest I was willing to go though.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Glad to hear members reporting these nice results!

rabidus
2012 Nissan Quest

I got 31.5 mpg on the trip home.

Altair 4
Car: 2018 Nissan Rogue SV - Rogue 1
2020 Nissan Rogue SV - Rogue 2

I have an '18 SV AWD. Being kind of a statistics nut, I've been tracking my mileage both by the onboard computer and by actually calculating by hand. Over the last 40 fill-ups, I'm finding a consistent 5% error in the mpg's. The computer is pretty consistently 5% optimistic. I'd like to know if you find the same discrepancy. That would render your 31.5 to be about 29.9. It would be great if you could do the comparison between the two methods.

At current interstate speeds (70 posted) and with the terrain in western Pennsylvania, I'm getting about 28 mpg (actual) over a trip of a couple of hours (Pittsburgh to Erie). I was hoping for a trip across Ohio for early April as a good test, but that's on the back-burner for the duration.

rabidus
2012 Nissan Quest

Altair 4 wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:04 am
I have an '18 SV AWD. Being kind of a statistics nut, I've been tracking my mileage both by the onboard computer and by actually calculating by hand. Over the last 40 fill-ups, I'm finding a consistent 5% error in the mpg's. The computer is pretty consistently 5% optimistic. I'd like to know if you find the same discrepancy. That would render your 31.5 to be about 29.9. It would be great if you could do the comparison between the two methods.

At current interstate speeds (70 posted) and with the terrain in western Pennsylvania, I'm getting about 28 mpg (actual) over a trip of a couple of hours (Pittsburgh to Erie). I was hoping for a trip across Ohio for early April as a good test, but that's on the back-burner for the duration.
I believe on the 31.5 mpg fill up, I calculated 30.5 mpg at the pump. I believe the 31.1 mpg on the way there calculated to 29.5 mpg at the pump.

431 miles on one tank of gas is outstanding in my book, especially for the height of the Rogue. Mine does have that factory spoiler on the hatch also, I don't know if that helps.

I just filled up after doing normal driving and calculated 25 mpg while my dash said 24.7 mpg.

I had a '98 Honda Accord 2.3L I4 manual transmission that I drove on a 900 mile trip several times, the first tank would only get 400 miles and the second tank would get 500 miles. It didn't matter which direction I was going, I only had to fill up once. It did have a bigger gas tank than the Rogue.

Return to “Rogue Forum”