2011 Rogue clock spring replacement

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
vidshader
Car: 2011 Rogue S

Hi All
I replaced the clock spring in my 2011 Rogue today, The horn and cruise were not working. that is fixed but now my traction control light comes on and I can feel the traction control activating. This happens when I turn the steering wheel to the left. My ABS light comes on intermittently. I followed the ignition switch on/off three times after installing the clock spring. I think I need to perform a steering angle switch position adjustment. I cant figure out in the FSM how to perform it. I was trying to save some money being unemployed from the virus and now gravely concerned I may have created more problems. Any thoughts and ideas Greatly appreciated!

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

vidshader
Car: 2011 Rogue S

Thank you!

ShadMcFad
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue

Please...What was the solution for this repair? I have the same exact issue. Exact same Make and Model. 2011 Nissan Rogue.

Replaced clock spring and the horn and cruise controls now work but the traction control light is on now and I can hear it trying to control traction when I don't want it to. There is a forum that says there may need to be a notch in the clock spring that some new CS assemblies don't have and mine may need, and right before I was about to replace it...again...to see if it was the part...I read this...and if it's the angle sensor, I'll go that direction instead.

ShadMcFad
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue

vidshader wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:43 pm
Thank you!
What was your resolve? Please.

I have the same exact issue. Exact same Make and Model. 2011 Nissan Rogue.

Replaced clock spring and the horn and cruise controls now work but the traction control light is on now and I can hear it trying to control traction when I don't want it to. There is a forum that says there may need to be a notch in the clock spring that some new CS assemblies don't have and mine may need, and right before I was about to replace it...again...to see if it was the part...I read this...and if it's the angle sensor, I'll go that direction instead.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Unless you messed up the installation, it's about 99.99999% likely that all you need is steering angle calibration.

Return to “Rogue Forum”