2011 Rogue both low beams out!?!?!?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Ta2dad
Car: 2011 Nissan rogue

Hello sorry to post a new thread on this topic but all others seemed outdated. Last week I started my rogue and noticed I had no low beams. Checked fuses and bulbs both seem fine. I then called around for a relay and parts stores say there isn't one. So now I guess I am stuck buying a $$$$$$switch$$$$$$ which is very pricey and can not be returned if not the issue.

Has anyone else run into this issue? If so are there any possible fixes, I just saw in here where a guy cleaned his switch and that worked.?. Any help would be greatly appreciated..

P.s. high beams blinkers etc. still work...

sprocket

I would recommend you look at the service manual lighting section, specifically the electrical diagram and it will help you troubleshoot / diagnose.

The relay is part of the IPDM (Intelligent Power Distribution Module). The issue could be a bad combi switch, a bad relay or IPDM, etc.

To check if it's a bad relay or IPDM, you can run the IPDM auto active test mode. It will cycle through IPDM functions, primarily operating relays in a specific sequence. It will run through the test 3 times or until you cancel it and it includes checking the low headlamp relay. Refer to page 8 of the PCS section for details of the auto active test, how to start it, etc. Highly recommended to troubleshoot IPDM relays
http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Rogue/2011/PCS.pdf

If the low beams work during the active test, then the problem is most likely your combi switch. It's a fairly easy replacement, doesn't require the airbag or steering wheel to be removed. The service manual should help with that, otherwise try search or asking specific questions on the forum.

Good luck.

Ta2dad
Car: 2011 Nissan rogue

Thank you very much I did try this just before leaving for work today and from what I could tell the low still did not come on but was very sunny out so gonna try again when I get home tonight. Hope they work since already ordered switch and will arrive tomorrow.lol if not where do I start lol I'm not an electrical guru

TommyMack
Car: 2011 Rogue

Did you ever find the source of this problem? Mt 2011 Rogue is doing the same thing.

Return to “Rogue Forum”