2011 qx56 jumpy acceleration

A forum for the Nissan Armada, Infiniti QX56, and beginning in 2014, the Infiniti QX80
0macman0
Car: 2011 QX56

I have a 2011 qx56 with 81000 miles. When I initially take off from a stop, it hesitates and then jumps with more power than requested. I talked to the dealer on the phone and they swear it's the torque converter. The jumpy behavior seems to be engine output not transmission behavior. No timing chain noise but recall hasn't been performed. Anyone else experience this jumpy hesitation of the line?

marctronixx

low tranny fluid?
could be related to the timing chain recall. why not get the recall done and follow up after? you may be chasing your tail for nothing,,,

0macman0
Car: 2011 QX56

Tranny fluid has only about 8K miles on it and is full. I am getting the recall done in a month and hoping that it helps. It almost seems like it might be a normal characteristic of how the vehicle drives. Seems like there is a torque step at 2K RPM. If I just mash it from a stop it does a similar thing.... kinda going.... then GO @ 2K. I'm more of just wondering if this is normal?

marctronixx

well its hard to understand what you mean by the terms you are using.

if you feel/hear a surge/rpms ramp up and then settle, that is normal as its the torque converter locking up.

Return to “Armada Forum / QX56 Forum / QX80 Forum”