I never made a tread about this but just want to put it out there for someone that may get similar problems in the future. I started getting a random misfire code p0300 and a very rough idle. Went ahead with the standard troubleshooting from spark plugs to coils etc...Started replacing those items and couldn't get rid of the code or rough running motor. At some point the variable valve timing solenoid code P0021 popped up. I followed the FSM troubleshooting procedure. Everything checked out fine. I took the solenoid off the engine and tested according to the FSM. It passed both voltage and resistance test and the actuating test. I decided to buy a new part anyway as I have exhausted all options. The replacement did the trick and the van is running smooth again. Hope this helps someone with a similar issue...BTW, the solenoid cannot be taken off without completely removing the valve timing sprocket cover. It's a major PITA to replace.