2011 Pathfinder S - Fuel pump replaced and still not firing

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
OnlyonPathfinders
Car: 2011 Nissan Pathfinder S 4.0

Hey Everyone! I wanted to post this and see if there is something else i should look for.....I just replaced the fuel pump on my 2011 (thst was a fun job) and she is not turning on. It cranks and cranks but does not fire up. I do hear the pump when i put the key to the ON position and it will turn on with starter fluid in the intake but turns off quickly after that. Fuel pump fuse is in good shape (no break) and i even replaced the crankshaft senor as well but no dice. What else should i be looking for? I do feel like im getting spark cause before this job she did fire up ok but would die randomly after driving/idling for a bit like it was starving for fuel (this is why ended up just replacing the pump). Thanks for any advice you can throw my way.

My pathfinder has 264k miles and has not given me any issues up until now :(

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

There should be a separate injector fuse also. Don't choke your own chicken, get a bulb type test light so you can check fuses properly. Both sides should light up with the test light clipped to ground. If one side doesn't light then the fuse is blown, if neither side lights then the fuse is un-powered and your problem is upstream.

macgiver

And after that what VStar says , if you get a "digital tester ' with LED , one that accepts hi/lo ,that is 5vdc AND can take 12vdc systems - I got one - and you can goto ground then apply test "tip" to each injector lead to read PWM . The LED's on these things are so fast you'll actully see a flicker above 4000rpm !!! Can also be applied to the Igniter signal going into each coil pack . Another niche tool many times better than meter whether analog or digital - for it's a direct visual way of detecting proper operation of many PWM car circuitry!!!!
p.s. Fuel pressure , really knowing it at all times ! Is why I installed a PERMANENT pressure gauge inline ahead of the 'rail' . Right the F' off you know IF your building up fuel pressure AND keeping it up proper PSI !!!

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”