2011 Nissan Altima AC Problem

General discussion area for the L32-chassis Altima
Alibey
Car: Nissan Altima sedan 2011 2.5 Engine

The AC of my 2011 Altima, sedan, 2.5 Engine stopped cooling. I took it to a shop. It was professionally evaluated. They said the system was full of Freon, the electricity was getting to the compressor. They said the clutch needed to be replaced. I took the initiative to replace the entire compressor with a the clutch and the dryer. A vacuum was not performed. I tried to push the Freon inside but the compressor and the clutch does not work. The Freon does not go inside. I checked the electricity and it is go getting electricity to work. Could that be because it does not have Freon? Why does not take the Freon? Any Ideas?

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

You likely should not have touched the dryer, just made much more trouble for yourself. Once you don't vacuum, you are begging to have the a/c stop and start over and over when the air left in the system freezes the water vapor in it to stick the system up. As well, the water converts with the refrigerant to create acid that eats parts.

The refrigerant (it's NOT freon) goes right in the compressor with it not turning until the pressure goes up enough that the clutch pressure switch then goes on to make compressor work. Of course, the user skills there create all sorts of trouble.

The new clutch needs to be correctly shimmed or it will not ever come on either.

Return to “4th Generation Altima Sedan (2007-2012)”