2011 M37 S Transmission issues

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
csrmax2011
Car: 2011 Infiniti M37 S

I have a 2011 M37 S with approx. 5500 miles at present purchased August 2010. I've been having major issues with the transmission. The problem is that the transmission never seems to know what gear to be in, feeling in some instances of major hesitation,or that it's either in neutral or 7th gear upon acceleration. I've taken it back to the dealer 3 times for this issue, and they continue to tell me that it's "normal operation" for this vehicle and it has the latest software. I did find several records of this issue at safercar.gov, but again the dealer said it's normal operation.
We also have a 2011 G37Xs, that has none of the issues of the M, additionally, the G having the same engine, I'd assume that the transmission software would also be the same(except for the AWD)

I'd appreciate any thoughts or guidance anyone can offer

EniGmA1987
Car: '06 Infiniti M35 Sport

Maybe it just needs to learn a bit longer for driving style?

kluken
Car: 2011 M37S

csrmax2011 wrote:I have a 2011 M37 S with approx. 5500 miles at present purchased August 2010. I've been having major issues with the transmission. The problem is that the transmission never seems to know what gear to be in, feeling in some instances of major hesitation,or that it's either in neutral or 7th gear upon acceleration. I've taken it back to the dealer 3 times for this issue, and they continue to tell me that it's "normal operation" for this vehicle and it has the latest software. I did find several records of this issue at safercar.gov, but again the dealer said it's normal operation.
We also have a 2011 G37Xs, that has none of the issues of the M, additionally, the G having the same engine, I'd assume that the transmission software would also be the same(except for the AWD)

Talk to your Infiniti Service manager and see if the ECU can be reset, sometimes it is as simple as pulling battery cable, other times the service depatement may need to rest it. That will force the ECU to relearn and that may help. My M is 15 moths old with 17K miles and the tranny has been very good, occasional confusion and hesitation usually if I am coasting to a stop and then punch it, but very rare.

csrmax2011

EniGmA1987 wrote:Maybe it just needs to learn a bit longer for driving style?
Thank you. My previous BMW's had the same "learning" curve, but is was ususally in the 1st 1-1.5k miles.

csrmax2011

kluken wrote:
csrmax2011 wrote:I have a 2011 M37 S with approx. 5500 miles at present purchased August 2010. I've been having major issues with the transmission. The problem is that the transmission never seems to know what gear to be in, feeling in some instances of major hesitation,or that it's either in neutral or 7th gear upon acceleration. I've taken it back to the dealer 3 times for this issue, and they continue to tell me that it's "normal operation" for this vehicle and it has the latest software. I did find several records of this issue at safercar.gov, but again the dealer said it's normal operation.

Talk to your Infiniti Service manager and see if the ECU can be reset, sometimes it is as simple as pulling battery cable, other times the service depatement may need to rest it. That will force the ECU to relearn and that may help. My M is 15 moths old with 17K miles and the tranny has been very good, occasional confusion and hesitation usually if I am coasting to a stop and then punch it, but very rare.
Thank you. I actually had the vehicle in for service on 9/6 and was told by the service mamager that ECU had the most up to date patch/software. I'm beginning to believe that I may have gotten a "lemon". My vehicle has needed extensive repairs/service since my purchase 13 months ago. i.e all 4 rims + 2 rims(6 total) have had to be replaced due to staining that will not come off, Master Brake Cylinder replaced, rear sunshade replaced (2x) SES light- emmissions issue, recall of bluetooth mic and power window switches and the on-going issues with the transmission.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”