2011 Juke Engine pulses and dash lights flicker at stop sign

The web's first forum dedicated to the Nissan Juke and the Nissan Qazana.
rstandi

My daughter-in-laws 2011 Juke has gone through 4 batteries and now when at a stop sign with the brake applied, the engine pulses and the area with the milage and temperature gauge flashes. It had an alternator from autozone put in about a year ago. Nissan said the battery, alternator and starter all check out ok.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Rod

macgiver

mac,well all 4 batteries unlikely bad ,power is especially critical in these cars today ,I've heard talk here "get factory OEM alternators , not the BIG-3 cheap w/chinese parts inside remanufacured's" :tisk: My Guess is the 'Zone alternator is 1) intermittant 2) shows steady ,OK power ONLY at lower test levels@+rpm's,( in "stopped car"@Lo rpm's it dies -right?) , or OK like when cold -- BUT IS BASICALLY BAD. Couple reasons Nissan didn't find = 1) they simply didn't find(the intermittant) 2) Nissan charged you right? :lolling:THEY DON'T CARE how often YOU COME BACK! 3) And NOW they know of the 'ZONEY part that they can "Milk " you for ,for so many times they think your good for - when they WILL FINALLY simply put in the better quality Nissan "Genuine -part". :blush:Cost to you this way ......$$1090+ ?? total ,unfortunately , this is what can be called "De Rigueur" for more reasons than you think.

rstandi

Any detailed tutorials for changing the alternator. Appears to be a lot of stuff in the ay, LOL

Rod

macgiver

mac , yah , the bay you mean - right my Juke , I look in there and never,yet, needed to locate anything in particular - it's CROWDED.And they nowadays got that stupid plastic eng. covers on , can't see SH!$%TT! :wtf2: One question rstandi on your 2011 , how many miles? and did you ever have that Timing chain issue, or have the TSB on it with the VERY narrow window for FREE fix @ dealer addressed? Thank you, good luck.

rstandi

Mac, Meant to type way... LOL This is my daughter-in-laws car and I do not know the history of it, short of the current problems.

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

Have the alt specifically checked for RIPPLE. If the engine has not been taken care of, a slower than normal idle speed can drag engine down and normal to pulse then. All grounds need to be clean and present as well. Any resistance in the alt charging pathway needs fixing too. 4 batteries says issues there unless just buying too low a CCA battery to get the job done correctly there. Have a look at belt tensioner, loose or sticking can pulse power at idle.

kbirdt
Car: ???

Hi, did you ever figure out what the issue was? This is happening to my Juke, as well. I believe it started with a faulty alternator, but after getting the alternator replaced again, the issue persists.
Thanks!

BuckArcher
Car: 2013 Nissan Juke

Having same problem with my wife's 2013 Juke. Any answers?

Return to “Juke Forum | Qazana Forum”