2011 Infiniti G37X Ignition/Security Issues Please Help

Post all your Nissan electronics, car audio and stereo questions here!
mtc7121988
Car: Infiniti 2011 G37X

Hi guys I'm having problems with my 2011 G37x that I really need to get fixed so I can get to work in the morning.
I think the car may be in immobilizer mode unfortunately but the strange thing is that I can get the car to turn over if I time it right but the car won't physically run. Also after trying to start the car the push button start will be stuck in the "on" position and even when pressed to put the car in the "lock" or "acc" mode it will still stay in the "on" position until the battery of the car dies. Also the front marker lights and the rear running lights will stay on even though the light switch on the steering column is in the "off" position. I have checked all the simple stuff and have made sure the battery is good. I had the battery hooked up to a trickle charger for a good 6 hours and took a meter reading @ 12.6VDC. Additionally, I tested all of the fuses in the fuse box by the drivers feet and the fuse box next to the battery in which you need to remove the plastic battery covers and plastic covers at the bottom of the windshield. On the dash the yellow key indicator light is on and when I can get the car to turn over there is also a solid red security light indicator. Checked to make sure all of the fluid levels are good to rule out some sort of engine safety interlock.

About a month ago a similar issue happened to me. I drove the car in the morning and there was no issues but it was also a rainy day. Parked the car and when I went to drive it later in the day the car would again turn over put wouldn't start immediately. After about three attempts at starting the car I was finally able to get it to start so I could move it so my girlfriend could get her car out. After moving the vehicle and turning it off I tried to get it to start again but this time the steering column lock actuator was stuck and wouldn't release. Long story short I was able to get the car to start after tracing out the ignition systems wiring diagram. Basically there is a pink wire on the harness that goes into the steering column lock actuator that when it has 12V running through it, it will not allow the car to turn over and disables the ignition system. I tapped this wire to test to see if it did have 12v running through it and sure enough it did. At this point I cut the wire brought it to ground and re-fed the other side with this 0v grounded signal. The car started right up and some how the steering column lock released. I returned the wiring to how it was before and haven't had an issue until now. Obviously, when this similar problem occurred yesterday (also when it was rainy) this connection was one of the first things I checked. The connection seemed fine but I re made the connection with some butt splice connectors just to be sure it was good.
I called infiniti yesterday but unfortunately there was only one technician in by the time I called. He seemed to think it might be and issue with the BCM getting moisture possible in it. Is there some sort of reset I can do? Also when I get in the car with the key it does the quick beeping noise. I looked at the vehicle diagnostic fault log by holding the settings button and turning the volume knob to the right. The error codes that it displayed were the following

-AV Comm Circuit 39
-Switches Connection Error 17
-Handsfree unit connection error 24
-sonar connection error 17

Im pretty sure the bottom two have noting to do with this issue Im having but didn't know if the top two could be related
Im not really sure what to do at this point but any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much in advance guys. I a

Past work that has been done on the vehicle:
The car is all stock with OEM parts except for some k&n air filters. No automatic starter has been installed on the vehicle.
Additional work that has been done the vehicle was a new transmission 35k miles ago. New engine and engine wiring harness 25k miles ago. All of this work was performed by a infiniti dealership. Additionally I had the engine oil changed about 2 weeks ago although I doubt that is related to this problem that is happening

Return to “Nissan Audio / Entertainment / Security”