2011 G37 vibration around 75, tires have been ballanced

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
Houston Ben
Car: 2006 M45

Hi All,
I bought my G37 with a slight vibration at 65-70 thinking it was just tire balance. Well, I got the tires balanced and rotated and the vibration is still there. I really paid attention to it today and with CC on at 75 the vibration would last for about 30 seconds and slowly fade out for 30 second and the slowly fade back in. When vibrating it shakes the car and steering wheel. I have almost 50k on it. My friend said this happens to him in his Nissan Frontier, but only when it needs the transmission fluid changed and then it goes away for another 35k.

Reading up on the G37, it appears you have to take it in to get the trans oil changed but it is supposed to be a lifetime oil and not need changed.

Anyone have this problem? If so, what worked to stop it?

Thanks!

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Do you have an automatic, CVT or manual transmission? I think the CVT is the only one needing dealership servicing.

How are your brakes? Warped brake rotors can cause vibration similar to unbalanced tires.

Do you have a two piece driveshaft? The driveshaft is a balanced unit and if the two parts were separated, then putting it back together 180 degrees from where it was before can make it unbalanced and cause vibrations.

Houston Ben
Car: 2006 M45

Hi, thanks for the response. Yes,CVT automatic. Brakes are good, unknown about the drive shaft,, figured it was a one piece. I'm going to jack up each corner this weekend and see if anything is loose.

I got up to speed again and put the trans in neutral to see if it would stop shaking but no luck.

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Hmm, okay. I hope it's not the tranny, or that it's under warranty. I don't know about the two piece driveshaft, I haven't looked at your cars diagrams. I was just spouting off potential vibration sources.

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”