2011 FX35 Around view

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
carnifolks
Car: 2011 Infiniti FX35
2017 Infiniti Q70

Shot in the dark here. I bought this recently and found out it was water damaged. Thank goodness everything works great except for the around view cameras. The car has cameras in front, back, and side mirrors. However, none of them engage. I have read about the blue screens or black screens but this doesn't apply to me. When I go in R, the screen stays exactly like it is while driving forward. I feel like there must be a bad control module. I can't find anything on this. I have been told that there is a module that sits somewhere in the AV center console and also a module under the drivers seat. Any one with some insight would be greatly appreciated. My wife won't drive it without the backup camera....maybe that isn't such a bad thing.
Thanks
Last edited by Rogue One on Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to correct Forum

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

The unit is called an AVM Controller and it's under the driver's seat. Chances are it drowned if the water got very high, but you may just have a lot of corroded connectors down there. I'd take the seat loose and see what you can see. If there's obvious corrosion, hit all the pins and receptacles with Deoxit. Then protect them with dielectric grease, because all the plating will be compromised. See if that wakes the system up. I know for fact those controllers are hideously expensive, and a new one will also need about 2 hours of calibration at the dealership. So hopefully it isn't dead.

macgiver

Yup IF you can De-oxit any and ALL connectors pertaining to the entire circuit , getting all or most makes troubleshooting easier , less false negative conclusions show their faces .

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Well, on a '10 the above-water stuff like the cam connections shouldn't be too worrisome, but it might be a good idea to clean and grease the big SMJ connectors in the kick panels and any other connectors in that neighborhood. The SMJ's have a lot of fine-diameter pins and they don't have any sort of water-sealing. That's an operation I do perfunctorily on any car with a serious sunroof leak.

carnifolks
2017 Infiniti Q70

Thanks all for the input...I will give it a try. If it doesn't work I doubt I will put the $1000+ to go any further. Much appreciated and I will give you an update after I try.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

You might be able to find a good one in the JY if yours was drowned, that's the sort of part U-Pullit usually won't care about and will probably sell for $10. The calibration might be off, but you can worry about that if and when it works.

carnifolks
2017 Infiniti Q70

Thanks again...I didn't think of that. I will try phase one to see if I can clean and grease connectors then phase 2 if i am feeling ambitious.

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”