2011 altima fuel injectors

A General Discussion forum for Altima owners, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to the NICOclub Altima Forums!
Nico Tascani
Car: 2011 Altima Coupe

Where are the fuel injectors located and is it difficult to do?

Nico Tascani

I am replying to my own post - It is a 2.5 and I want to do it myself. Already changed a bunch of sensors and all coils and plugs. Check engine light came back on 2 weeks after coil and plugs where changed saying #1 cylinder misfiring. Could dirty injectors contribute to this scenario?

ricebike
Car: 1989 240sx se 5spd (donated to my brother in law)
2002 Quest
2005 Altima

https://www.nicoclub.com/service-manual ... 1%2FEC.pdf

so you had a p0301... did you try to swap coil and plug to position 2, then reset the computer & see if the problem migrated to code p0302?

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

ricebike wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:39 pm
so you had a p0301... did you try to swap coil and plug to position 2, then reset the computer & see if the problem migrated to code p0302?
Yep, @ricebike has it right. Injectors on gen3~5 Altima's are about as reliable as dirt underfoot, we see bad ones once in a blue moon. I'd suspect almost everything else first.

Nico Tascani

I changed coils and plugs around - still coming up cylinder 1 - Took it to my shop for real time diagnostics and could find nothing wrong except for number 1 cylinder misfire then it would smooth out and then moments later would do it again - it still runs pretty smooth except for a little shudder when it misfires - my mechanic, whom I happen to think is pretty good, said it can now only be number 1 injector going bad cause there is nothing left, though he did ask me where I get gas at which is a little country store with not much volume in the way of traffic, he suggested i get gas at a more high volume place. Engine runs good, electronics are clean, no shorts anywhere, nothing is burnt. Anything else would have shown up on the diagnostic. So now I'm taking it to a shop that will connect a pressurized injector cleaner to the fuel rail. I really don't want to have to pay for injector replacements cause if you take 1 out you should replace all. That's where I'm at right now, what do you think about that?

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

That sounds like a plan. If you got varnishy gas at some point then it's certainly possible an injector is sticky. In that case you should probably de-carbon it afterward, too. You should also check the engine and coil grounds with voltage drop just "because". It takes two minutes and it will show up any hidden ground gremlins that might be causing coil issues.

Return to “Altima General Discussions”