2011 / 2012 QX56 Cold Air Intake

A forum for the Nissan Armada, Infiniti QX56, and beginning in 2014, the Infiniti QX80
DdaddyL
Car: 2012 QX56

Hey everyone! I'm new to this forum, so I'm not sure if this topic has already been hit on. But has anybody found somebody who makes a cold air intake system for the 2011 / 2012 QX's? I've got an aftermarket K&N drop in filter, but would really like to get a full system if possible...

Thanks!

marctronixx

been talked about ad nauseam.

the system on the new Q is as good or better than any CAI. aluminum gets hot and the objective is to get as much cool air in the engine as possible.

my suggestion is to save your cash for the extra money you will spend in petrol and just get a GOOD aftermarket filter to pop in. the filter case for the new Q is quite roomy and not as restrictive as prior models (I had 2 armadas).
adding a CAI alone will not gain you anything noticeable by itself. you have 7 gears in the car so you save a bit of petrol there. plus the VVEL DIG engine gives you more savings.

if anything remove the stock muff and resonator and install an aftermarket muff OR do a full cat back exhaust.

DdaddyL
Car: 2012 QX56

Thanks for the reply...appreciate the info!

cyresearian
Car: 2011 Infiniti QX56

Ddaddy how is it going I'm new to this post also, I have the 2011 Qx56 and there is a new cold air intake thats out now, if you still get on this site respond back and ill update you the intake system thanks.

Return to “Armada Forum / QX56 Forum / QX80 Forum”