2010 Versa P0101 / P0733 Code

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
thflem.tf
Car: 2010 Nissan Versa Hatch Back 1.8L

I am interested in finding out if anybody else has experienced the symptoms my vehicle is displaying.

About 10 days ago I was traveling on the interstate and all of sudden my vehicle reduced speed and would the engine would not exceed 2500 RPM, no Service Engine Soon light. I managed to make it to a rest area about 3 miles away. After checking out the vehicle I decided to try to make it home about 10 miles away. I was successful and made it home using back roads. The vehicle sat for about 36 hours and after investigating the vehicle I couldn't find any problems. I took it out for a test ride and the vehicle perform with no problems. I used it for the next 4 days around town and had no problems. The 5th day I took it on the interstate again and after about 15 miles it happened again, could not exceed 2500 RPM, I later found out it went into Safe /Limp Mode. This time my SES light came on. When I got to my destination I turned the vehicle off waited 30 seconds and restarted the vehicle and no issues again. On my return trip home I swung by Autozone to the engine code. There were two of them P0101 and P 0733. I started using the vehicle for my commute of 60 miles round trip of interstate travel and I falls into Safe / Limp Mode randomly. I’m not sure if I have transmission issue or a bad MAF Sensor.

On a side note prior to me having the above issue I had this problem; after the vehicle warmed up and I would be sitting at stop sign or traffic light I would have a loud rattling noise underneath my vehicle. I contributed this to a loose heat-shield and I could quiet it down by putting the transmission in neutral. I would never hear it when the vehicle was moving. Since the vehicle started going in and out of Safe /Limp Mode I no longer get the rattling noise.

Anyone that has a similar experience or knowledge of these codes or symptoms I would greatly appreciate your advice.

P0101: Mass Air Flow Circuit Range/Performance
P0733: Gear 3 Incorrect ratio

Thank you, Tom

Return to “Versa General Chat”