2010 versa one spark

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
SoldHondaBoughtHondo
Car: 2010 nissan versa

Can someone help me...please?
I bought a 2010 versa that someone ran low on oil and wrecked the bearings/crank. I sent the crank out to get re-ground, somehow they screwed up and had to get another crank. I put it back together and now all it does is spark one time each plug and then no spark.
Fuel pressure ok
Replaced crank and cam sensors
Tried another ECM
Checked/cleaned all grounds
Even sent it to Nissan. They said the intake cam was 14* off
I pulled the front cover
With motor @ TDC there are 2 blue side plates on the cam chain, both are on the mark and the orange side plate on the cam chain is on the '0' on the bottom of the crank gear and the keyway points about the middle of the cam gears.
I am about lost...
I did notice that if i look in the hole for the crank sensor and turn the crank until i can see the window on the trigger wheel the motor is not anywhere near TDC.
Could the crank grinder have removed the trigger wheel to grin the crank and reinstalled it wrong?
Thank you in advance!

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

That's a tough one.
I've seen/heard this before on different vehicles, and it usually occurs when the cam and crank angle sensors aren't synched up enough, suggesting either one is bad, or either the cam and/or crank is out of position like you said. Personally, I've never heard of the crank trigger being out, but a mis-aligned cam would definitely do it.

SoldHondaBoughtHondo
Car: 2010 nissan versa

Cam timing is by the book...I ended up sticking a USB camera in the crank sensor hole...It has 14 notches and then a place with no notches and then 14 notches and then a place with no notches for each crankshaft revolution...None of it corresponds with TDC...
Thinking if the trigger wheel has 3 bolts and was installed wrong..3 bolts is 120* and it looks like where i think tdc would be according to the notches it's about 120* off...
Looks like pulling the motor again is next move.
thanx
rmjg

Return to “Versa General Chat”