2010 Rogue going 2800 miles from ATL to Northwestern Washington

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
TheRotorNurse
Car: 2010 Nissan Rogue 360º (registration says KROM)

Gonna be going around 2800 miles to Washington state in late November/early December. Should i do the Transmission cooler upgrade or not needed due to driving in the winter? already Changed the CVT fluid out. drives and pulls great honestly and i get about 400 miles to a tank.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

I'd let it ride, with the cooler weather.

I'm not convinced the TC is a great idea on a CVT, even though some swear by it. It's not an automatic, and CVT fluid has a specified operating temperature range.

phmichel
Car: 2013 Nissan Rogue S AWD
2017 Nissan Quest SV

Should be fine if your fluid is fresh and the level is right.

If you have an android phone you might consider using the CVTz50 app. It monitors Nissan CVT temps real time, CVT fluid condition, plus a bunch of other useful data. The app is $5 (I think) and you need a bluetooth OBD device. I'm using this one:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00 ... UTF8&psc=1

Hope this help...

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

Unless towing or driving hilly roads, I wouldn't bother.

Just do an oil & air filter change and enjoy the scenerary.

Maybe spark plugs.

You'll be doing your vehicle a favor.

That's like getting professional fuel injection cleaning heating that engine constantly on a nice long trip. Getting that engine and oil to remove any carbon in your system.

Nice! :domo:

Great mpg. Try to see how many mpg you can get your trip monitor to show if you're bored.
Unless your a speed demon.

A decade ago I got mine to show between 41-43 mpg's going on a flat highway with a strong backdraft behind me. Windy day. With it being newish with the oem continentals, it absolutely kicked butt with the mileage I was getting back in the day. Today I get like 16-17 in the city. :cry:

:woot:

TheRotorNurse

Well I tried to cancel the stuff on amazon and only the mini trans radiator canceled, so i guess I'm just gonna get one and do it anyways lol. IN the spring and summer time I do enjoy mountain drives.

TheRotorNurse

casperfun wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:16 am

Great mpg. Try to see how many mpg you can get your trip monitor to show if you're bored.

Mine does not have the MPG option, I basically just fill it up and run till i have 1 bar left. then refill with around 15 gallons. I have the OG nuclear orange readout.

TheRotorNurse

phmichel wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:09 am
Should be fine if your fluid is fresh and the level is right.

If you have an android phone you might consider using the CVTz50 app. It monitors Nissan CVT temps real time, CVT fluid condition, plus a bunch of other useful data. The app is $5 (I think) and you need a bluetooth OBD device. I'm using this one:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00 ... UTF8&psc=1

Hope this help...
I actually need to get a bluetooth OBDII thingy, I have an Android head-unit. a 8 inch joying 4gbram 64gb rom with a 720p display and it has a 4g sim card =) 2 cell antenna and a gps antenna

casperfun

TheRotorNurse wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:09 pm
casperfun wrote:

Mine does not have the MPG option, I basically just fill it up and run till i have 1 bar left. then refill with around 15 gallons. I have the OG nuclear orange readout.
My 2009 has the orange bars with the infamous missing last bar.

Which was 100% missing for the last 9 years until I used some fuel cleaners. Now I get that LAST bar more often than not.

:inoutgay:

TheRotorNurse

casperfun wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:27 pm
TheRotorNurse wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:09 pm

My 2009 has the orange bars with the infamous missing last bar.

Which was 100% missing for the last 9 years until I used some fuel cleaners. Now I get that LAST bar more often than not.

:inoutgay:
Damn, i feel lucky then that i have all the bars every time.

TheRotorNurse

casperfun wrote:

Just do an oil & air filter change and enjoy the scenerary.

Maybe spark plugs.

You'll be doing your vehicle a favor.

That's like getting professional fuel injection cleaning heating that engine constantly on a nice long trip. Getting that engine and oil to remove any carbon in your system.

Replaced air filter less then 7k ago,
Got new plugs and coils to install just been lazy.

I am changing the oil about every 1.5 months since I have been driving around 5k miles a month or so.

So far used the Castrol Magnatec and Castrol Edge Think i might go for the Ultraclean for the long haul just for s*** and giggles. unless you would think edge or magnatec would be better.

casperfun

I actually change my coils recently after 1 spark plug went bad. If your lazy, you can do 1 a day.

Well that was my plan, or even 1 a week.

But the next day I just change the 3 coils the next day since it was not too bad and just kept the momentum going. If I went 1 a week, it would have made me less lazy too. In the end, I didn’t feel lazy at all. Lolz :bowrofl:

Oh I am on the other side of the spectrum, I last changed my oil 16 months ago with just under 10,000 miles at the moment. I like doing 20,000-25,000 miles oil changes but I always get bored or have the itch and changed it by 13,000-15,000 miles. What a waste! :cry:

My engine is smooth as a hot knife thru butter. Hard to tell if the engine is even on. In the past I use to grind my engine because I forget it’s on. So I have to look at my tachometer to make sure it’s on at times.

It’s great not having to get under the car to change oil all the time. Now that I’m an old fart with more aches and pains, I don’t need the hassle.

I’ve now done over a decade of maintenance, repairs, and mods.

Therefore, I hope to enjoy another 60,000 more miles while I ride this old workhorse into the sunset with it’s original cvt saddle! :shifter:

I used Castrol Edge synthetic on our Lexus and Castrol 5w-50 on my Nissan Maxima back in the day.

Today I am using Signature Series Amsoil 5W-30 on my Rogue.

You can go 10,000 oci’s on your highway miles with no problem.

Who else is rocking the long oci’s? Rock on! :badger
Last edited by casperfun on Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:47 pm, edited 4 times in total.

TheRotorNurse

Just being outside all day in PPE doing the covid-19 testing and driving 100 miles round trip from home to the testing site I'm working, i basically get home , go to the doctor( was in an accident about 2 months ago ) so i go the doctor 4 days a week well various doctors and treatments. then get back home in time to sleep and yeah. I fiddle with something every other weekend.

TheRotorNurse

Wellllll...... Radiator went to s*** sat on the side of I-85 for a while then was like f*** it, So I Installed new one in auto-zone parking lot, Installed new spark plugs, also added in the upgraded 4 port tranny cooler and a 6 row cooler.
Gonna get it reimbursed since i had been leaking since the accident I was in, after I got the car back. The tank was cracked and just kept getting worse.
The collision center was gonna give me a rental for a few days and get rid of the rattle and the leak ( neither was there before).
So Now they just gotta get rid of the intermittent rattle.

Now I will say. I can Accelerate Harder, Longer (giggity) then before with less loss of oomph after changing the plugs and adding that cooler.

Return to “Rogue Forum”