2010 nissan versa motor mounts replacements how to?

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
markbaladad
Car: 2010 nissan versa 1.8l

Hey everyone, first time post i have a 2010 nissan versa and it has 120,000 miles and is still running pretty smooth, but i can tell it needs some maintenance. I have checked and diagnosed that the motor mounts and transmission mount need to be replaced. I was wondering does anyone know how or know a post of how to replace them without having to remove the whole engine from the bay via engine crane. Is this possible? Any help is appreciated. Thank you

markbaladad

Bump

txchamps
Car: 2015 Versa Note SV, 2023 Kia Rio S

There are tons of youtubes on how to change out motor mounts for other cars, and you can apply those principles to the Versa. Replacing without pulling the engine is generally possible, but you will need jackstands, and you will need to jack up the engine to take the weight and tension off the mounts once you loosen the bolts. If you haven't already got them, there are manuals available in this forum for most Nissans, and most MY's. I've supplied a link to the "Engine Mechanical" section for your engine. The location of the mounts is detailed on page 191. http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Versa/2010/EM.pdf

Be careful where you place that jack, and use wooden blocks at the jack point to prevent damage to the engine.

Here are links to Rockauto's offerings for the specific mounts you may need: https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/nis ... mount,5552
You can find the transmission mounts there as well for both manual and automatic (I'm assuming conventional and CVT).

Good luck! Oh, and if you do the job, document it for the forum!

smata67
Car: 2009 Versa SL

Motor mounts on most cars usually run $800-$1000 for replacement. I just happened to inspect my 2009 w/ 70K and found them all to be in excellent condition, the sway bar bushings and links as well. One reason for this is the lightweight engine in these cars, they are not hard on the mounts. What makes you think you need to replace them? Well, if you do, I would highly recommend having some jacks, as mentioned, as well as an engine lifter. You can pick one up at Harbor Freight for $199 - 20%. You do not "lift the engine out of the car," but raise up an 1" or two to slide out the mounts. It is not a hard procedure, many DIY do their own mounts, but be sure to understand the safety issues and have multiple stands in place for backup in case things let loose.

markbaladad

I can visually see the mount on the left side needs to be changed pkus when i put the engine in reverse and drive the engine moves significantly. Plus on some occasions the acceleration is sluggish until it hits second gear. @txchamps i have those manuals, and im a beginner with auto care so its a bit difficult to read some of the info. Thanks for all the help i will keep everyone posted once i start the procedure

Return to “Versa General Chat”