[quote="rossiterian"][/quote]

Thanks!

Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2024 Honda HR-V
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

[quote="shally2186"]

Ouch. Looks like it runs the full width. You'll need to get that replaced.

shally2186
Car: S14.5

Bubba1 wrote: Ouch. Looks like it runs the full width. You'll need to get that replaced.
It starts on the pass side and runs all the way to the drivers.. You sir, just crushed my soul.. Was So looking forward to sliding this year... :cry:

Bubba1
2024 Honda HR-V
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

AppleBonker wrote:Bubba (or anyone else involved with coordinating the event), do you know if it is possible to transfer a registration for Carlisle from one car to another. A fellow Altima Coupe member registered for Carlisle and can no longer attend. I have yet to officially register, so I figured I would try to buy his off of him so he doesn't end up out the cost of registration. Is this possible? Or his money gone and I still need to register?
Good question. I would suggest contacting Carlisle Events directly and asking them. I would think that's do-able but I can't speak for them.

AppleBonker
Car: Useful: 2011 Black Nissan Titan Pro-4x
Daily: 2003 Accord EX-L Coupe
Hers: 2014 Rogue SL AWD

Thanks. Will do that tomorrow. Just wasn't sure if someone more familiar with the event had run into it before. I'll let you guys know for future reference when I find out what's up.

Bubba1
2024 Honda HR-V
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

shally2186 wrote:
It starts on the pass side and runs all the way to the drivers.. You sir, just crushed my soul.. Was So looking forward to sliding this year... :cry:
Sorry. but you've still got plenty of time to get it fixed.

shally2186
Car: S14.5

Bubba1 wrote:Sorry. but you've still got plenty of time to get it fixed.
yea...yea... Ill have to work on that or just bring the S14.5 and not drift.. :frown:

Anything else i should REALLY check over with the DRIFT Slut?

flohtingPoint
Car: 2004 Z16 Corvette Z06

Bubba1 wrote: Many folks are staying at the holiday inn mechanicsburg. It's about 20 minutes from the fairgrounds. Should be a popular NICO social spot. We also doing early bird registration/tech there on Friday afternoon. There might be some folks willing to take on roomates. There are also several places to stay closer to the Fairgrounds, all different price ranges.. Most of them are on Carlisle Pike.
I'll keep that in mind. I have a billion Holiday Inn pts from my job so that'll work. I might be able to be there Friday afternoon, I dunno though as taking time off work is pretty hard right now w/out another lead engineer on my project.

Which Holiday Inn? There are a couple in there area. Got an addy?

Bubba1
2024 Honda HR-V
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

flohtingPoint wrote: I'll keep that in mind. I have a billion Holiday Inn pts from my job so that'll work. I might be able to be there Friday afternoon, I dunno though as taking time off work is pretty hard right now w/out another lead engineer on my project.

Which Holiday Inn? There are a couple in there area. Got an addy?
Holiday Inn West - Mechanicsburg, PA
5401 Carlisle Pike
Mechanicsburg, PA 17050
717-697-0321

flohtingPoint
Car: 2004 Z16 Corvette Z06

Bubba1 wrote: Holiday Inn West - Mechanicsburg, PA
5401 Carlisle Pike
Mechanicsburg, PA 17050
717-697-0321

Much thanks =)

BTW, side note: Pro Solo for DC reg opened today. If you're interested, you need to sign up quick, as slots are going VERY fast.

rightcoastimports
Car: 95 S14
06 STi

Bubba1 wrote:
You just signed up by posting here. I now have you on the list, All I need from you is your real name, so we can verify it when you arrive.
Evan Forman - i will hopefully be doing some drifting pending if i find drift wheels..

Bubba1
2024 Honda HR-V
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

rightcoastimports wrote:

Thanks.

ri0ap2
Car: 2006 Honda S2000

I would like to join in the autocross. I have an 06 S2000, but you state that all convertibles need rollover protection. Some road courses have stated that the factory roll hoops in the S2000 are sufficient enough. Would i still be able to run with an approved helmet but no "cage"?

Bubba1
2024 Honda HR-V
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

ri0ap2 wrote:I would like to join in the autocross. I have an 06 S2000, but you state that all convertibles need rollover protection. Some road courses have stated that the factory roll hoops in the S2000 are sufficient enough. Would i still be able to run with an approved helmet but no "cage"?
We'd love for you to use that S2000 too, but the answer is no. Factory hoops are not permitted. The event rule for convertibles specifically require aftermarket rollbars/cages (that pass the broomstick rule),plus minimum 4 pt. harnesses.
I'm sorry.

ekcivicman167
Car: 1998 Ek Honda civic

I'd like to sign up for the autocross my name is Curtis Hippensteel. I have a black 1998 Honda civic.

Bubba1
2024 Honda HR-V
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

ekcivicman167 wrote:I'd like to sign up for the autocross my name is Curtis Hippensteel. I have a black 1998 Honda civic.
You're now on the list. :dblthumb:

Chaotic_Warlord
Car: Black 5 speed Swapped 1995 240sx

Bubba, they pushed the Philly PD written test back to late June, so I am definitely going to be there, will try to roll up with the Learned'd Crew since they are coming to Philly to meet up with Greg and Becky, will be taking them to Tony Lukes for Cheese Steaks before they roll out there. let me know if you need my name to put on the list. Do you know if there is a discounted rate for us at the gate since it's to late to get tickets on the Carlisle website.

Also if anyone has space in their room let me know, I'd like to actually stay this year since I wasn't able to the first year b/c I FUBAR'd my car.

Bubba1
2024 Honda HR-V
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

Chaotic_Warlord wrote:Bubba, they pushed the Philly PD written test back to late June, so I am definitely going to be there, will try to roll up with the Learned'd Crew since they are coming to Philly to meet up with Greg and Becky, will be taking them to Tony Lukes for Cheese Steaks before they roll out there. let me know if you need my name to put on the list. Do you know if there is a discounted rate for us at the gate since it's to late to get tickets on the Carlisle website.

Also if anyone has space in their room let me know, I'd like to actually stay this year since I wasn't able to the first year b/c I FUBAR'd my car.
I'm jealous. Tony Luc's cheezesteaks? mmm-mmm burp.
You're already on our list for the paddock/track but I'm not aware of any discounted rates for getting into the Fairgrounds.

Chaotic_Warlord

Bubba1 wrote:I'm jealous. Tony Luc's cheezesteaks? mmm-mmm burp.
You're already on our list for the paddock/track but I'm not aware of any discounted rates for getting into the Fairgrounds.
You're more than welcome to join us at Tony Lukes, Greg and Becky don't land until 1630 hrs. and by the time they get off the plane, get their luggage and get into their rental car, I'm figuring we'll be at Tony Lukes roughly around 1/4 after 5 - 1730hrs. so if you make it an early day at work you should be able to get down to meet up with us before everyone gotten through the line, unless you were planning on being in Carlisle @ that time.

As far as admission Carlisle's website has it for I think $50 for a 2 day pass for 2 people, It's just going to be me, myself, and I going to this thing unless someone want to split the cost at the gate?

I also will be needing a piece of somebody's floor to sleep on if anyone has the space or at the very least the use of their bathroom as I have no problem racking out in the car.

Bubba1
2024 Honda HR-V
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

Chaotic_Warlord wrote:
You're more than welcome to join us at Tony Lukes, Greg and Becky don't land until 1630 hrs. and by the time they get off the plane, get their luggage and get into their rental car, I'm figuring we'll be at Tony Lukes roughly around 1/4 after 5 - 1730hrs. so if you make it an early day at work you should be able to get down to meet up with us before everyone gotten through the line, unless you were planning on being in Carlisle @ that time.

As far as admission Carlisle's website has it for I think $50 for a 2 day pass for 2 people, It's just going to be me, myself, and I going to this thing unless someone want to split the cost at the gate?

I also will be needing a piece of somebody's floor to sleep on if anyone has the space or at the very least the use of their bathroom as I have no problem racking out in the car.
I really appreciate the invitation, but I'll already be at the Fairgrounds Friday morning laying out/marking the autocross course. Then over to the Holiday Inn- Mechanicsburg in the afternoon to set up registration and tech for those that want to get checked in/teched early.

Enjoy the 'steaks. :bigthumb:

Chaotic_Warlord

I'm sure one of the guys would be happy to bring one with your name on it with them.

Which car are your bringing to Carlisle?

Bubba1
2024 Honda HR-V
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

Chaotic_Warlord wrote:I'm sure one of the guys would be happy to bring one with your name on it with them.

Which car are your bringing to Carlisle?
Right now, looks like just the Z. If Greg/Bex had wanted a stage for their ceremony, then the ol' beast would have made an appearance (my flatbed).

Thanks but no thanks on the cheezesteak. They're best when freshly made.

ri0ap2

Bubba1 wrote:
ri0ap2 wrote:I would like to join in the autocross. I have an 06 S2000, but you state that all convertibles need rollover protection. Some road courses have stated that the factory roll hoops in the S2000 are sufficient enough. Would i still be able to run with an approved helmet but no "cage"?
We'd love for you to use that S2000 too, but the answer is no. Factory hoops are not permitted. The event rule for convertibles specifically require aftermarket rollbars/cages (that pass the broomstick rule),plus minimum 4 pt. harnesses.
I'm sorry.
What makes no sense is that the SCCA does not require a rollbar/cage for most autocross related events. I really feel for a "track" with no elavation change, where I would probably only make it to about 30mph should not require any after market roll protection. BUT its your event and I wish you luck with it. I was just looking forward to whopping up on some 240's ;)

Bubba1
2024 Honda HR-V
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

ri0ap2 wrote: What makes no sense is that the SCCA does not require a rollbar/cage for most autocross related events. I really feel for a "track" with no elavation change, where I would probably only make it to about 30mph should not require any after market roll protection. BUT its your event and I wish you luck with it. I was just looking forward to whopping up on some 240's ;)
It actually makes perfect sense. While there are some track organizations that might permit convertibles with factory hoops, most of them do not. While the elevation changes on this circuit are not big, it does contain some significant off-camber turns. It's not a traditional flat parking lot course.

You are absolutely welcome to come run with us in a different car to back up your claim against the 240sx's. :bigthumb: As info, we have had folks run in airport rental cars that have posted some very competitive times.

frapjap
Car: '99 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
'07 Subaru Legacy

Hey Bubbs, could you be a dear and sign me up?
Ray Mossman

I'll be riding in with Mark (Tiger SER)

Bubba1
2024 Honda HR-V
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

frapjap wrote:Hey Bubbs, could you be a dear and sign me up?
Ray Mossman

I'll be riding in with Mark (Tiger SER)
You got it. Glad you can make it. :bigthumb:

frapjap
'07 Subaru Legacy

Also, could you clarify what else I need to do to get into the event?
Whats admission into the fair grounds if you dont have a car or arent showing anything? The event site isn't clear to me, and I'm not sure if our reg. here transfers or....?

Bubba1
2024 Honda HR-V
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

frapjap wrote:Also, could you clarify what else I need to do to get into the event?
Whats admission into the fair grounds if you dont have a car or arent showing anything? The event site isn't clear to me, and I'm not sure if our reg. here transfers or....?
Registering here gets you free access to the track/paddock. Both of you are nowset up for that. The remaining two pieces are 1. getting into the fairgrounds, and 2. overnight accomodations if you're planning to stay over.

Their admission price depends. To clarify: The $50 fee is per car (one person plus a guest). So if you and Tiger SE-R are arriving together in one car, it's $50 total for the weekend. But, if you each bring your own car, then you each pay $50. If you do not want your car "judged", go for the non-judged admission.

Overnight accomodations are entirely up to you. There is no camping for this event at the Fairgrounds. Many Nico folks are staying at the Holiday Inn Mechanicsburg, which is about 20 minutes from the fairgrounds. Staying there is not required.
I hope that helps.

ri0ap2

Bubba1 wrote:
ri0ap2 wrote: What makes no sense is that the SCCA does not require a rollbar/cage for most autocross related events. I really feel for a "track" with no elavation change, where I would probably only make it to about 30mph should not require any after market roll protection. BUT its your event and I wish you luck with it. I was just looking forward to whopping up on some 240's ;)
It actually makes perfect sense. While there are some track organizations that might permit convertibles with factory hoops, most of them do not. While the elevation changes on this circuit are not big, it does contain some significant off-camber turns. It's not a traditional flat parking lot course.

You are absolutely welcome to come run with us in a different car to back up your claim against the 240sx's. :bigthumb: As info, we have had folks run in airport rental cars that have posted some very competitive times.
LOL damn wish I was 25 lol

frapjap
'07 Subaru Legacy

Bubba1 wrote:
frapjap wrote:Also, could you clarify what else I need to do to get into the event?
Registering here gets you free access to the track/paddock. Both of you are nowset up for that. The remaining two pieces are 1. getting into the fairgrounds, and 2. overnight accomodations if you're planning to stay over.

Their admission price depends. To clarify: The $50 fee is per car (one person plus a guest). So if you and Tiger SE-R are arriving together in one car, it's $50 total for the weekend. But, if you each bring your own car, then you each pay $50. If you do not want your car "judged", go for the non-judged admission.

Overnight accomodations are entirely up to you. There is no camping for this event at the Fairgrounds. Many Nico folks are staying at the Holiday Inn Mechanicsburg, which is about 20 minutes from the fairgrounds. Staying there is not required.
I hope that helps.
Cool, thanks for the heads up on fairground admission. Accommodations wise,I've been granted floor space with James and Torry...wherever that is.

Return to “Past NICO Events”