2010 M35 - Problems with I-Control Unit

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
chachie03
Car: 2010 Infiniti M35

The problem with my 2010 M35 Infiniti started two weeks ago. I went to start my car and it wouldn’t turn on. I would hold the break and press the ignition button, but nothing would happen. The lights would turn on (i.e. the issue was not with the battery) and the key was working fine. I tried to start my car with both the key in my pocket and in the slot with neither solution working. I had my car towed to an Infiniti dealership which provided me the following diagnosis:

“Car will start with the key in the slot but will not start with the key out of the slot. Codes stored for the I key control unit. Needs a I Key Control Unit (P/N: 285E1-EJ91A). It is no longer available.”

To bypass the I Key Control Unit, the mechanic told me to place the key in the slot and hold the ignition button for five seconds (when I initially tried so start my car with the key in the slot I only held the ignition button for 2-3 seconds). This solution worked for about two weeks. When I try this work around now, the car does not turn on like before.

I called Infiniti again and they essentially told me that I needed to procure the part myself and then they can help me install it if I wanted to have it fixed. The mechanic actually told me he would recommend getting rid of the car. I find it hard to believe that a part for a 10 year old car is no longer manufactured and Infiniti is not able to help me out unless I find it myself.

Does anyone have any recommendations as to where I can find this part? Is there another solution to this problem other than just getting rid of my car?

Costee
Car: 2006 Infiniti M45 Sport
2012 Nissan Murano SL

Perhaps you could use the preceding version applied on MY2008: 285E1-EH11B

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”