2010 Infiniti G37 Driver Side Window Problem

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
kbedwal
Car: 2010 Infiniti G37 Hardtop Convertible

Hi.

I'm having problems with my 2010 Infiniti G37 hardtop convertible master window switch. I replaced front speakers after replacing the speakers i noticed my driver side window stopped working wont roll up or down. The problem was with the driver side window, all the other windows were working fine. Then I replaced the switch with the aftermarket switch. With the new switch I'm able to open or close the window but I cannot lock or unlock the car using the little button on the doors handle outside. Also when I open the door the window's supposed to go down like 1/2 inch or so, then when you close the door window rolls up, but after replacing the switch it won't do that. I ordered another OEM switch from LKQ and replaced the master switch with the OEM switch but I'm still facing the same issue. All three windows rolls up and down but driver's window won't roll up or down, even with the replacement OEM switch. I cannot figure out whats wrong. Please help!
Last edited by Rogue One on Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Revise Title

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Check your wiring for heaven's sake, and the rest of your work. If the problem happened right after installing speakers, then there's about a 99.9% chance it's something you touched. Throwing parts at it is a terrible waste.

kbedwal

Thanks for your reply. I didn't install the speakers they were installed by a professional and i talked to him about it. he said all he did remove the panel. He said installing speakers has nothing to do with it. He's denying it. The reason why i posted it here if anyone experienced same problem.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

I'd pull the panel and see if he put a screw through the harness, mis-routed and pinched it, or mis-routed and jammed the regulator.

kbedwal

Vstar650CL thank you so much i'll pull the panel and look.

Return to “General Chat”