2010 G37 Midnight Garnet - Black or Wheat Interior?

Dedicated to the G37 Convertible. This forum is for convertible-only content that is NOT covered in the other G-Series forums.
jvanderv41

Hi All:

New to this forum. Going to pull the trigger on a Midnight Garnet G37. Walked into the showroom and color blew me away. Interior was black. Usually not my favorite but liked it with wood trim. Haven't seen the wheat with wood. Have to imagine real nice contrast. Wonder if black will be ungodly hot in the summer. Anyway, any thoughts?

bschurr
Car: 2009 G37S 6MT Conv

jvanderv41 wrote:Hi All:

New to this forum. Going to pull the trigger on a Midnight Garnet G37. Walked into the showroom and color blew me away. Interior was black. Usually not my favorite but liked it with wood trim. Haven't seen the wheat with wood. Have to imagine real nice contrast. Wonder if black will be ungodly hot in the summer. Anyway, any thoughts?
Interior color is certsainly a matter of personal preference. Here are a few considerations:1 - The black interior can get hot on summer days when you leave the top down but once moving cools quickly.2 - If you get the A/C seats, the point above is a non-issue3 - The dark interior is matched with the dark accents of all of the non-color coded pieces - the light interior may highlight these areas more4 - I am a neat freak but like a dark interior because it can "hide" minor blemishes - a light interior will show all defects

Good luck with your decision!

cotandem
Car: Infiniti G37C

Also a neat freak. Our BMW X3 has a camel colored interior and is a real chore to keep clean. The G37C is our first black interior and it is proving to be real nice surprise. We do have the AC seats or there is no way we would have gone with a black interior...As for color preference, "it is in the eye of the beholder". Good luck!

pwlorraine
Car: 2009 G37 convertible moon white / stone / auto / sport/premium/nav/tech 2010 EX35 nav/bose/premium/

Hard one to decide - I'm not a big fan of wheat - stone gives you a dark wheel and dash but is also difficult to keep clean and I'm not sure if it is available on garnet in non-sport. Black looks great - if I were to get a red boxster I would get a black interior. Remember - it is better to look good than to feel good! But what every you like. My wife has a wheat EX35 - she doesn't like a black interior.

Peter

jvanderv41

All - thank you for the sound advice. Was very helpful. Pulled the trigger today on the dream machine with black interior. Just loved the look. Does have AC seats. I too am a neat freak that is moving away from "tan" to black. Looking forward to not having to be quite so meticulous. Will post in separate thread but Joe and Canaan were amazing. Saved me over $2K. Great to have good people in this world!

bschurr
Car: 2009 G37S 6MT Conv

jvanderv41 wrote:All - thank you for the sound advice. Was very helpful. Pulled the trigger today on the dream machine with black interior. Just loved the look. Does have AC seats. I too am a neat freak that is moving away from "tan" to black. Looking forward to not having to be quite so meticulous. Will post in separate thread but Joe and Canaan were amazing. Saved me over $2K. Great to have good people in this world!
Congrats & welcome my NJ Brutha...

spider4re

I just saw the midgar with wheat interior and was blown away. The 2010 wood is polished so it gives a much more expensive look.

newSpider4re

Picked up my MG w/ wheat vert on Saturday. Pem, Nav, First aid and splash guards. We may add the illuminated kick plates, spoiler and sport wheels. This is our first convertible and we absolutely love it. We were going to get the BMW vert but this car looks so much hotter. OTD price was $49.8k (6% pa sales tax incl)

jvanderv41

So, I'm the original poster. Thoroughly enjoying the car. Not sure I'd do black interior again though. My old car was a tan interior. Didn't see any "scuff's" on the leather or or plastic interior. Certainly didn't see any lint or similar on the dash, carpets, etc. The black shows EVERYTHING! Impossible to keep clean. Think if I had to do over, as much as I like the look of the black, would go with the lighter color.

foxwiz
Car: 2010 G37 Convertible Tech/Nav, Black on Black

newSpider4re wrote:Picked up my MG w/ wheat vert on Saturday. Pem, Nav, First aid and splash guards. We may add the illuminated kick plates, spoiler and sport wheels. This is our first convertible and we absolutely love it. We were going to get the BMW vert but this car looks so much hotter. OTD price was $49.8k (6% pa sales tax incl)
I looked at BMW before buying my G37C. For same horsepower I needed the 335i and the price difference was about $10k, plus the dealer doesn't discount. Anyway after driving both cars, I think the G37 is the better choice. I've had mine just over a month and I'm lovin it! Congrats!

newSpider4re

foxwiz wrote:
I looked at BMW before buying my G37C. For same horsepower I needed the 335i and the price difference was about $10k, plus the dealer doesn't discount. Anyway after driving both cars, I think the G37 is the better choice. I've had mine just over a month and I'm lovin it! Congrats!

Grazie! One thing my wife remarked about the other day was the "burble" of the G. She said it's sounds much cooler than the BMW. - God, I love my wife.

Return to “G37 Convertible Forum”