2010 FX Transmission

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
yellowbear
Car: EX35

After 500 miles, the only problem we seem to have is with the erratic shifting at low speeds. It is not a big problem, just a little annoying. It seems to hunt and jerk between 2nd and 3rd on the upshift when cold, and it slows the FX down with shifts when coming to a slow stop. My wife was caught in traffic and she said it really lurched. I know I had the same erratic behavior on my Lexus ES 350 which was a 6 or 7speed and they reflashed the transmission. It seemed to help. It seems to be improving but that may be my imagination.

I have read all the posts on similar problems with the 2009 but my dealer says there is no service bulletin on 2010 to date. Does anyone know of service bulletin on the 2010? The dealer (a very good one) said to give it a few more miles to learn our driving style. Has anyone else had lurching shifts in the 2010?

Yellowbear

J-Owner
Car: 2010 FX35 owner and former owner of an '05 G35 Coupe and a '95 J30T.

My lurches on occasion but I am getting use to it. It doesn't do it all the time but will lurch on occassion as i am slowing down.

The engine also revs down when you let off the pedal so that may be part of it. I actually like the rev down as I can slow without riding the brakes.

I have had a Q45, 2 J30's and a G35 Coupe. All of them take time to get use to. I have never owned an SUV so the workings of one is all new to me. I am still giving it some time to get use to it before I start worrying about anything. I currently have 3,765 miles on it and just had the first oil change.

Now don't get me wrong, if a bulletin shows up for a re-flash on the '10 then I will certainly be getting Sewell to do it.

Just my $0.02. Not sure what to tell you.

Thorshammer
Car: FX35

I notice the 7 speed transmission in the G37 shifts differently than the Five speed.It has a tendency to leap forward when the gears change.This is great for acceleration. It does this even at low speeds.First gear feels like the car is in a stain unless you floor it.Unlike the previous G35, 5 speed which had a tendency to jump when you touched the gas.Which made it difficult to drive in slippery conditions and a challenge to parallel park.I have not drove the FX with the 7 speed.It would be interesting since both the FX and G can have the same power train but run as different as night and day.

yellowbear
Car: EX35

Well I did some research with the dealer. There are no recalls or service bulletins on the 2010 for the transmission. There is no procedure for a reflash. There is a bulletin and reflash on the 2009. My dealer said try it for awhile and if it bothers you bring it back in and we will see what we can do.

It seems the longer I drive it the more I get used to it. I have driven the G37 with the 7 speed and this is similar. It seems to search for gear when the car is cold. After a mile or so it learns how to shift like a normal car. I don't mind the downshift when coming to a stop. Mostly the only problem is in traffic when everyone is moving at 20 mph or so and the FX can't figure out if it should stay in 2nd or 3rd.

On the other hand it gives much better mileage - more than my EX35 which was a smaller car. I am getting about 20 mpg in suburban driving with some stop lights and about 24 mpg at 70 mph on the highway. My life average so far is 21.8 mpg.

Yellowbear

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”