2010 Altima Not Starting

All things Altima Coupe.
rkling
Car: 2010 Nissan Altima

Its a later model of 2010 and I have pulled the lower panel just to confirm that the locking device is not there.

The symptoms are I put the FOB in and the message appears on the screen Foot->Brake just like always. But nothing happens when I press the start button. The little key icon is also displayed in the upper left.

The symptoms are IDENTICAL to the 2009 Altima's ESCL failure that I see on youtube. Most of the electrical devices (radio, head lights,etc) do not work.

I did replace the catalytic converter yesterday, so the battery was disconnected. Last night, I disconnected the negative terminal and left it off for 12 hours, same symptoms this morning!

I searched this forum and found a post where the shift interlock was broken and the guy could start it in neutral. I tried that and still not starting.

Any ideas?

AceS
Car: 2013 Crimson Black Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5S (HMU on insta: @zsdaniel360)

I had this same problem recently. After me and 2 mechanic friends looked for the problem for an hour, we discovered that a fuse had blown right next to the positive battery terminal. Literally connected to the battery terminal. You may have to wipe off dust / Road grime to even be able to see whether or not the fuse is blown. Hopefully this helps. You’ll have to order a new fuse assembly from nissan, since it’s not a normal fuse. In the meantime you should be able to rig a bypass if you know enough about wiring.

Return to “Altima Coupe (2008-2013)”