2010 Altima Hybrid, VDC but no VDC off switch? Possible to add the switch?

A General Discussion forum for Altima owners, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to the NICOclub Altima Forums!
JGAN
Car: 2010 Altima Hybrid

I have a 2010 Altima Hybrid, and I noticed that when driving in snow when I lose traction the SLIP light will turn on. There will also be a loss of power at the same time even if I floor it. However, there is no VDC OFF switch to turn off VDC. I do have ABS so I'm pretty sure I have VDC as well. Can anyone confirm this?

Is it possible I can order the switch from ebay and then plug it into the dash where it would normally go? I was prewired for fog lights, so is there a chance I am prewired for a VDC OFF switch as well?

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

According to the 2010 Nissan Altima Hybrid Owner's Manual your vehicle is equipped with VDC.

Seems a bit odd that you'd have VDC but not have an on/off switch. I suppose it's possible the factory screwed up and forgot to install it, so the wiring might be there.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

I did a quick search and that switch is available from a few vendors, including eBay. However I wasn't able to find it under $50, which seems a bit steep to me.
https://www.nissanpartsdeal.com/parts/n ... ja00a.html

And I suppose you know that it only turns the feature OFF for the duration that the vehicle is operating. When you shut the car off it resets back to the On state, meaning that you'll have to turn it OFF every time you start the car (if that's your intention).
SWITCH ASSY-VEHICLE DYNAMICS CONTROL.png

Return to “Altima General Discussions”