2010 Altima Coupe - Suspension rough/swaying

Got questions about your Nissan? We're here to help, and it's FREE!
jahn surf irie
Car: '10 Altima Coupe 2.5s
'96 Mazda MX-5

Greeting all,

Tried thoroughly searching the forums but couldn't find anything to help.
I have a 2010 Altima Coupe 2.5s, only 3 months old with about 4500 miles and completely stock
Car has been great so far until I did an oil change a few weeks ago (oil levels been fine, no leaks).

I think a week or 2 I noticed a change in the suspension, seems a little rough now but especially at mid-range speeds.
i get this semi-scary sway/bouncy motion that reminds me a bit of the completely worn suspension on our 180k camry.
It's very noticeable going straight but turns just feel off/forced at times like the front left section is dipping more than it should.
Low-range speeds I don't notice much bounce/sway but the suspension has a worn/beat feel.
High-range speeds seem fairly stable as well but still a big difference prior to all this starting.
Steering also doesn't seem as sharp as before.

The ride in general felt great before all this, firm and comfy but a little sporty feel to it but it felt solid and safe.
Since it's under warranty I was going to take it to a dealer but wanted to see if anyone on here might know the problem/cause before taking it in.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Return to “Nissan Online Mechanic”