2010 2.0L Sentra acceleration issue

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
jjs1890
Car: 2010 Nissan Sentra

Hey all,

Been having some issues for about a month now, specifically with acceleration. When trying to drive up any sort of incline or hill my car only gets up to about 30/35 mph before it stops accelerating, and on level road I can get it up to a little more, about 40 mph before it stops accelerating and I start hearing a stuttering sound. The gas pedal is also hard to push. When it first started happening I popped the hood to look around and noticed my air intake hose was cracked in several spots, so I assumed that was the issue. I took it to a shop 2 weeks ago and got a new air intake hose, as well as a new catalytic converter and manifold gasket to fix an exhaust leak but still having the same issues. I have tried several other smaller fixes on my own: new air filter, new mass air flow sensor (service engine soon light was on with code P0102), and cleaning the throttle body. I'm pretty much out of ideas now and have accepted the fact I'm going to have to take it back in somewhere to get looked at, but I would like to have some idea of what the remaining issue might be so I don't get completely ripped off after I just spent a decent amount of money on the previous repairs. If anyone has any insight as to what the issue might be I would appreciate it!

Frzninvt
Car: 2021 AWD Rogue SL w/Premium Package
Champagne Silver

When were the spark plugs changed last? Have you tested the ignition coils? Just a couple of other things to consider. Did you fuel up at a different place recently?

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”