200k Miles!!!!!

General discussion area for the L32-chassis Altima
Primodlt
Car: 2011 Nissan Altima SL 2.5

Just reached 200k moles on my 2011 Altima. Want to know what services.are recommended? I was thinking of Replaceimg the Coil packs, spark plugs,tranny fluid, Engine oil, Brake fluid, PS Fluid. Also the tranny fluid pan and Motor oil pan Gaskets. Anything else that you guys can recommend?

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Awesome milestone!!

I dont know the maintenance history of your Alti but I would go start in order:

- Transmission fluid
- Bleed brakes
- Belts (possibly include tensioner)
- hoses

Those are you high pay off.
No sure if I could replace coil packs unless i knew for sure they need it.
How old are your plugs and what kind are they? Iridium and Platifnum plugs can go a long way.. depends when they were changed last
Maybe a new radiator with Nissan OEM T-stat too what with summer around the corner.
How are your tires?

Primodlt

PalmerWMD----- Belt, Radiator hoses and Plugs are all less than 2 years old. Plugs are NGK Iridium.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Palmer had it in the right order, tranny fluid is the biggie. Every 30K if you want it to keep going for another 100K. I also agree that coils are a waste unless you're seeing misfires. Just change plugs if it needs them (sounds like it doesn't). One other biggie, clean all your engine box ground connections. If you want to keep those coils healthy, that's the biggest favor you can do them (along with all the other electronics in the car)

Primodlt

Is there a diagram that poi to out the engine e box ground connections. What is the procedure to clean the up? Also, how many quartz of tranny fluid do I need?

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

There's a complete ground distribution map here starting on page PG-94:
https://www.nicoclub.com/service-manual ... 1%2FPG.pdf
The four you should really worry about are the main chassis ground (in the center of the ground cable, screwed to the chassis beneath the battery tray), the main engine ground (on the driver-side end of the transmission), and main ECM ground E9 and IPDM/TCM ground E15 (together below the left strut tower). You can get a better idea of where E9/E15 are located from the harness drawing on PG-106. Unlike the grounds on the battery cable, E9/E15 and most other "small" grounds can just be tweaked with a 10mm wrench, they don't need to be removed and cleaned unless they're visibly corroded. Just loosen them a quarter turn and then re-tighten. The chassis ground on the main ground cable can only be reached from the top by removing the battery tray, it's much easier from underneath with the car lifted. But because it's right under the battery and subject to corrosion from battery fumes, it's important to check and clean it.

The CVT's vary from car to car in how much fluid they take, but usually about 4 quarts. However, they're very sensitive to overfilling and you should never take chances with it. For a quick D&F just measure what you take out, then refill exactly the same amount. For dropping and cleaning the pan (which might not be a bad idea if it's never been done) use the dipstick, but read your current level a few times to get used to how your stick reads before you do any work. They can be a little fluky and will often read higher on one side than the other, causing confusion. What's in your tranny right now should be correct, so whatever it reads right now, judge by that. There are lots of threads in here about changing it the right way and using alternative fluids to NS2 (some of which are very good and much cheaper).

00pathyse
Car: 2000 Nissan Pathfinder SE
2007 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE Sedan

Is Castrol transmax CVT fluid one of the very good ones to mix with Nissan NS2? Thanks.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

I have no experience with it. The three I can vouch for (from enough customer experience to be comfortable recommending them) are Eneos, AMSoil, and Indemitsu.

00pathyse
Car: 2000 Nissan Pathfinder SE
2007 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE Sedan

Thanks!

Return to “4th Generation Altima Sedan (2007-2012)”